Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
esselfortium

Back to Saturn X Episode 2 is out of beta! (v1.0.1 Aug 13, 2020)

7 minutes ago, galileo31dos01 said:

Map 12, blue key area, and it was actually awkward to see

Now that's a rare sight.....

I have a question, I've been reading a bit of the DWMC comments on this wad and some people talked about a Cyber vs. SMM in map 21, now all I see is a lonely queen here, what happened??

DOOM05.png.5044ce48ae1bc9f5abfe2de36513556a.png

EDIT: huh, I figured why... Never in my life would have thought about leaving that psycho cyber alive...

DOOM08.png.90214aab447ef849bcea882079e20eed.png

Edited by galileo31dos01

Found another (possible) bug in map 25, there's supposed to appear a teleport there, but apparently a monster is blocking the way, someone who scratched me when idclipping:

DOOM09.png.288837973b9b04b3604a79d7b1d4dbc7.png

To be more specific:

DOOM10.png.b38f1028628d5d92a2a65e8a83e15a67.png

21 hours ago, galileo31dos01 said:

Found another (possible) bug in map 25, there's supposed to appear a teleport there, but apparently a monster is blocking the way, someone who scratched me when idclipping:

Thanks for the bug report!  This has been fixed for a long time now and it should show up in the next release (whenever that will be).

Oh welp! There's activity on the BTSX episode I was actually involved in! Somebody help!

Really though, good to see some interest again! Nothing gets the gears turning quite like it.

On 8/5/2017 at 11:42 PM, Xaser said:

Really though, good to see some interest again! Nothing gets the gears turning quite like it.

New developments in the BTSX series are always exciting to see. I hope you don't think we've all lost interest -- most of us have just learned by now to stop pestering you constantly to find out what's going on.

18 hours ago, Master O said:

Just put it on /idgames already!  [/joking]

That would result in an even greater version massacre than what e1 is going through, heh.

This is hands down my favorite Megawad thus far released. The whole damn Team that worked on this rocks!

My ONLY complaint is the lack of a Backpack until quite some time later.

I also love the names of your maps...some names were worth a giggle.

Thank you for a fantastic game! Keep 'em coming!

Visuals - 10/10

Music - 10/10

Enemy placement - 9.5/10

Replay value - 10/10

Favorite map? That's easy: Map 25 - Unstable Journey. What a trip! 

I ran through both episodes this summer and they're some of the best megawads I've played for sure. Lots of personality with the unique textures, music, intermissions, etc, too. If the end of episode 2 is a teaser for the aesthetics of episode 3... I need that now! Definitely can't wait to see this to completion.

Since it's bumped, i gotta say that this is one of the few megawads i would like to replay just like i did with E1 on the final release.

I am hoping the final version for this will be released soon. It's been a long time haha

2 minutes ago, DoomKid423 said:

Seriously, dude?

Tarnsman is one of Back to Saturn X's creators, and that post is only as serious as you want it to be.

(Also, this thread hasn't been posted in for 6 months and you've probably just gotten some people's hopes up that it's been bumped with news.)

I am deeply sorry to bump this thread but I have a reasonable excuse to, and it is... to ask if this got any updates since my last bug report (monsters obstructing a teleport destination), since I want to replay the wad. 

@esselfortium hi

My understanding of the situation is that the team is perfectionist, which means they're all kinda burned out, and also that if they announce a "final" release then bug reports will immediately creep up from all over the horizon so as long as they don't announce a final release, they're safe from the bugs.

But other than that, yeah, it's basically finished.

Will a secret map be added on the final FINAL version, and the current secret will be moved to the super secret slot like on Episode 1?

I'm not sure if there would be more than one new map in the final release, but the one that's definetely in now, is absolutely fantastic from what i've seen.

1 hour ago, Diabolución said:

Spotted this in wad-archive.com:

https://www.wad-archive.com/wad/05326c8af7c8e62044c8e326189e5f0c

The timestamp of the file is 19-Sep-2019 04:24, according to the web server which actually hosts the wad.

I'm not sure what it is that's posted there, but there hasn't been a September 2019 version, I'm sorry to say!

Given the modified filenames, it might be someone's personal modification?