Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
esselfortium

Back to Saturn X Episode 2 is out of beta! (v1.0.1 Aug 13, 2020)

12 minutes ago, rdwpa said:

I edited every map to contain nothing but one extremely overpowered former human trooper, my preferred type of gameplay. Sorry! 

THANK YOU

4 hours ago, Diabolución said:

Spotted this in wad-archive.com:

https://www.wad-archive.com/wad/05326c8af7c8e62044c8e326189e5f0c

The timestamp of the file is 19-Sep-2019 04:24, according to the web server which actually hosts the wad.

There are actually two files, btsx_e1a-mir.wad and btsx_e2a-mir.wad. I saw them at allfearthesentinel. They are the original files, but with all the maps mirrored, and with GL-nodes added. I have no idea why someone would do this.

Considering this got bumped recently, i guess i'll also report a bug i encountered on 'Unstable Journey'

Spoiler

You can get fall on this small place and get stuck
U67SQOb.png
Over here
d9VSfGR.png

I don't know if this was reported before or was already fixed, so apologies in advance if that was the case

On 9/24/2019 at 3:29 AM, lirui1001 said:

waiting for the time when it is released on idgames :)

A decade later

Same.

I might finally cave in and play it. The first BTSX is so good.

On 9/24/2019 at 7:29 PM, lirui1001 said:

waiting for the time when it is released on idgames :)

A decade later

We are half-way there.

I'm okay with this not being on idgames for the time being. Just kinda annoying they haven't uploaded the build with that new Skillsaw map. Surely, if you wanted everything tested thoroughly, you'd put every map in?

5 hours ago, Firedust said:

I'm okay with this not being on idgames for the time being. Just kinda annoying they haven't uploaded the build with that new Skillsaw map. Surely, if you wanted everything tested thoroughly, you'd put every map in?

It’s in episode 1, the secret map Optical Hopscotch.

Oh, whoopsie. Apologies! For some stupid reason, I've always thought you guys added a map 32 to episode 2. Silly me.

On 11/23/2019 at 3:16 PM, DMPhobos said:

Considering this got bumped recently, i guess i'll also report a bug i encountered on 'Unstable Journey'

Hide contents

You can get fall on this small place and get stuck
U67SQOb.png
Over here
d9VSfGR.png

I don't know if this was reported before or was already fixed, so apologies in advance if that was the case

Just checked this since I couldn't remember if I fixed it or not.  Looks like I didn't, so I'll be sure to get it taken care of.  Thanks for the report!

I don't know if this has been mentioned before but the last time I checked out BTSX E2, the menus in PrBoom+ did not show the proper colors (probably due to the lack of CRGOLD and CRORANGE lumps?)

Edited by ReaperAA

This is kind of my feedback for M14:

I feel like the last part before the exit (with tons of Zombiemen and 1 Cyber) needs a Partial Invis to make it more tolerable.

On 1/11/2020 at 5:19 PM, A_D_M_E_R_A_L said:

This is kind of my feedback for M14:

I feel like the last part before the exit (with tons of Zombiemen and 1 Cyber) needs a Partial Invis to make it more tolerable.

It's actually a bunch of Commander Keens (I'm not joking, look in the level editor).

I don't think you can complete MAP20 with -nomonsters. It would appear there is a reliance on an Archvile jump to get from sector 729 to sector 705 so that you can then cross linedef 6633.

Looking at this in the editor, most of the linedefs between sectors 705 and 729 are flagged impassable so it appears that the designers don't intend that it should be possible to jump from one sector to the other like that, let alone necessary.

Sector 731 contains a teleport destination and it looks as though it and linedef 6633 are part of a chain of teleports initially accessed through lindef 1847, itself adjacent to the secret-flagged sector 186.

Can the level not be completed if you don't cross linedef 6633?  As far as I can tell it's just part of a secret teleport loop containing optional power-ups.

most of the linedefs between sectors 705 and 729 are flagged impassable so it appears that the designers don't intend that

Oh silly me. I missed sector 717 lowering. Now that that's out of the way, let me retry that speedrun.

Salt-Man Z already reported this bug back in 2014, so it's probably long-fixed, but just in case: In the pillar puzzle in MAP10, if I ride the third pillar all the way to the top, I get stuck in the ceiling. (Playing Beta 3 on Crispy Doom).

Edited by head_cannon

I know this thread is on episode 2, but if there's an episode 1 thread it's probably buried and hasn't been commented on in years.

I'm trying to play episode 1 on crispy doom and this is what it looks like when I start the game. Any ideas?

btsx.png

Are you loading both wads? One contains the needed resources and the other has the maps.

Edited by Gothic

I believe that that's typically caused by loading only one of the WADs instead of loading both of them.

I understand the desire not to necro, but if you were looking for the first episode's thread for troubleshooting purposes, the doom wiki has you covered.

Yeah my bad all. It's been a while since I messed around with any of this stuff. I actually figured it out right after I posted (of course). I've been playing in the meantime and just came back to correct my boneheadedness. Thanks for the help anyways.

On 4/14/2020 at 1:50 PM, TheOrganGrinder said:

Looking at this in the editor, most of the linedefs between sectors 705 and 729 are flagged impassable so it appears that the designers don't intend that it should be possible to jump from one sector to the other like that, let alone necessary.

Most, hm? Well then, now it's on record - 27s saved.

btsx_e2beta3_map20_0327TAS.zip

Hello!  I first want to say how much I enjoyed playing Episode 1 and have mostly enjoyed the early levels of Episode 2.  I have a small critique for Map 08.  Perhaps I was just missing something, but is there really no way back to the main part of the map after beating the final arena?  I didn't need either of the supercharges or the megaarmor prior to the arena, and I feel the player should be allowed to go back and retrieve those items and any leftover ammo before exiting the map.  That's something I've appreciated in other maps you've created as well as other community-made WADs; there's typically a final teleporter or lift that will allow the player to return to other parts of the map from the final area.  I hope you're all well!