Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Lycaon

[DEMO] Doom Happens - v0.4 Major Remastering, last Alpha version

Thanks for the kind words! My next release will hopefully be the complete first map. Then I don't plan to release anything until the final release.

Starting to work on chapter 2. This chapter will be a flashback and will take place in a hub level that is an extension of map01. For this purpose, I'm making a whole new city area that connects with the parts already playable. The layout is done, but this is the only detailed part so far.

Spoiler

Then I have these concept screenies for the Delta Labs. Nothing final, just testing the lightning and textures
Spoiler

I just got done playing through the demo, i gotta say it was a lot of fun, the EFNY music definitely add to the atmosphere of strolling through the city part of the demo.

Overall i enjoyed what i played and i look forward to Chapter 2. Keep it up!

That's great to hear. Since map01 contains the first 3 chapters, and I said the next demo (Beta) would include the finished first map, next release will have chapters 2 and 3 as well, and will take some time (months). However, I will release a last version of the alpha demo this weekend with some visual effects improvements and a couple new textures and detail added to the city, as well as a long-due credits file. There's just so many things I took from so many people lol. Still, nothing is used without the permit from the author, I can assure you that.

Currently remastering the textures of the city for a tighter, darker, more cyberpunk look. I think this is starting to look more like what my final expectations for the map are.

Version 0.4 Released.

TL;DR: Loads of changes, this is the biggest update I made so far and the last Alpha before the Beta version. No new map sections though, this is a visual and gameplay remastering.

Major remastering of the map. This will be the last Alpha before the Beta. I've done countless things to it: nearly total retexturing of most of the map areas, enhanced stealth system (enemies will have a hard time shooting at you when you stand in dark places) as well as gameplay changes to the Alpha zone to take advantage of this feature, more architectural detail pretty much everywhere, swinging and sliding doors, flickable light switches, resized textures for duke nukem and kingpin patches that looked gigantic (specially doors), new decal effects for blood and bullet puffs, loads of new props, new visual effects for explosions, slightly rebalanced difficulty, new sounds, improved weapon animation for the rifle, new fonts... I've done everything I could, but it's still the same length, all the new parts for chapter 2 are still in development, though I included a piece of it as "MAP01F" if anyone wants to have sneak peak at what I'm doing. Simply enter "map map01f" in the console. The reason why I did this is that I want this mod to look tight and polished and let you know that i'm taking this serious. I plan to add even more features in time. This goes to show that I do not intend this to be an amateur map pack, I'll do my best with it. I will keep improving this as I learn more about editing myself, since this is my first project and started it without even knowing how to script.

Tell me what you think about it. Have fun!

Thanks a lot, I hope most of the changes are noticeable and relevant to you. Next stop is the full first map consisting of the first 3 chapters. That will be the BETA version.

That would be sweet, let me know if you plan to do it, I'd like to see it to know how people fare in the map

Lycaon said:

That would be sweet, let me know if you plan to do it, I'd like to see it to know how people fare in the map

I hope to do it this coming Sunday (27th March) at around 5-6pm GMT.

Looking forward to it. BTW you might have noticed there is a v0.41 now, I didn't announce it before cause it's pretty much the same, just some minor fixes and couple new textures.

bump. Anyone has any critics on the map? I sure would like to hear what you have to say if you played this, since I intend to improve this as much as I can.