Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Zaldron

You just gotta love Gamespot.

someone better save it and make it for download cause I ain't bothering to do it any other way with a 56k.

WHOEVER RECORDS THE DOOM 3 PORTION OF THAT WILL RECIVE $50 AND THE LOVE OF THE DOOM COMMUNITY!

Just kidding........the Doom Community would probably still hate you if you sucked :P

Just kidding about the $50 too

Oh...jeesh. I only have a 56k modem too. Is it possible someone might record the audio, if nothing else?

Why the audio? If somebody records the stream then cuts out all the other crap and leaves just the Doom 3 part, it will probably be an easy download...

gamespot complete content is still free for May.but it need credit card number for signing up.
i need a credit card(or somebody can lend me one? =)

Hello all,

I will register for 1 month (it's free anyways) using credit card.

However, I have never used ASFrecorder but I have heard of it mentioned on several uhm...other forums to record stuff.

Anyone use it before?

Are all streams ASF? aren't there other formats? If so, does ASFrecorder need to be set to the type of stream it will be?

Is it like a screen capture utility that takes very fast shots and puts them together to make the video back or does it actually use weblinks, etc to extract the video?

I will try it this weekend. If anyone else has already registered and has used asf recorder and will record it then post it for us, please post here if possible. THen i won't need to :P

hehe

Later.

Sanjay
sanjay.shanbhag@cibc.com
sshanbhag@sympatico.ca

Gamespot said:
Doom III, Command & Conquer: Generals, and Star Wars Bounty Hunter will be demonstrated by a special E3 panel.

Oh holy, crispy, nutty chocolaty goodness. Tim Willits 0wnX0rz j00 !

StarFyre said:

Anyone use it before?

Are all streams ASF? aren't there other formats? If so, does ASFrecorder need to be set to the type of stream it will be?

I've used it. Last time I checked Gamespot was still using .asf for the WM version of their feeds, so I guess everything will be fine. ASFrecorder is pretty easy to use, just open it, input the video's address and it will automatically download the stream and save the data on your HD.

Zaldron said:

I've used it. Last time I checked Gamespot was still using .asf for the WM version of their feeds, so I guess everything will be fine.

I'd kiss you if you weren't so big and hairy.

wooo, atleast I'll see something from e3 again. Kinda looked hopeless a few days ago.

Hello,

Go to gamespot and look at the mortal kombat streaming wm. The link is a java coded one that opens the stream in a new window. I can't get any link from there...atleast I don't know how.

Anyone know?

THanks.

Sanjay

That's a bit of trouble, but easy nonetheless.

Here's how to do. Load the feed, preferably the T1 version since we're saving it to the disk. Let Java open the viewer. Let it start buffering the feed.

Now, Gamespot first shows you a Gamespot Ad, then a Game Ad and then the actual stream you were looking for. But that doesn't matter cause ASFRecorder recognizes the "Jump to File on Finish" command of the .ASX format (yes, ASFRecorder recognizes this one too), and prompts you for the output filename as soon as each new feed loads.

Now, when it starts buffering the Gamespot Ad, right-click over the actual video. Select "Properties" from the menu. Click on the "Show" tab in the new dialog. Here you will find the feed's name, and it's location. In the case of the Mortal Kombat feeds, it's :

stream1.asx?speed=100&path=mkda_teaser.asx&first

And the location is :

http://perl.gamespot.com/perl

Hence, it's http://perl.gamespot.com/perl/stream1.asx?speed=100&path=mkda_teaser.asx&first (don't forget to add the "/" between both parts)

Just put that on ASFRecorder, let it store the Gamespot Ad, the Game Ad, and then the E3 Show thing.

UPDATE : OK, it worked perfectly. Now I have 3 files in my HD. cycle2.asf, e32002teaser_5.asf, and mkda_teaser.asf.