Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Lycaon

Arguments? what kind of sorcery is this? (I need help using effects)

So, I know some ACS basics, but Decorates are definitely out of my league. Way out. I'm trying to use this Rat Spawner and Rain Spawner I found on Realm667, and the decorate has this notes:

//first argument - number of rats. This ranges from 1 to 5.
//second argument - radius to spawn rats from centre

Then I have this

actor RatSpawner 19584
{
Radius 2
Height 2
+NOINTERACTION
States
{
Spawn:
TNT1 A 0
TNT1 A 0 A_JumpIf(Args[0] == 1, "1Rat")
TNT1 A 0 A_JumpIf(Args[0] == 2, "2Rats")
TNT1 A 0 A_JumpIf(Args[0] == 3, "3Rats")
TNT1 A 0 A_JumpIf(Args[0] == 4, "4Rats")
TNT1 A 0 A_JumpIf(Args[0] == 5, "5Rats")
//fall through
1Rat:
TNT1 A 1 A_SpawnItemEx ("ScurryRat", random (-Args[1], Args[1]), 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, random (0, 360), 0)
stop
2Rats:
TNT1 A 1
TNT1 AA 0 A_SpawnItemEx ("ScurryRat", random (-Args[1], Args[1]), 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, random (0, 360), 0)
stop
3Rats:
TNT1 A 1
TNT1 AAA 0 A_SpawnItemEx ("ScurryRat", random (-Args[1], Args[1]), 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, random (0, 360), 0)
stop
4Rats:
TNT1 A 1
TNT1 AAAA 0 A_SpawnItemEx ("ScurryRat", random (-Args[1], Args[1]), 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, random (0, 360), 0)
stop
5Rats:
TNT1 A 1
TNT1 AAAAA 0 A_SpawnItemEx ("ScurryRat", random (-Args[1], Args[1]), 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, random (0, 360), 0)
stop
}
}

Which of all these numbers are the ones I need to customize the effect?

Thank you very much for your time

There's a DOCUMENT lump in ScurryingRats.wad. Slade 3 lists it as "unknown", but you can click on Edit as Text and it'll show the content. You can rename it as WADINFO too, and Slade 3 will remember it's a text file.

It says:

"Place the rat spawner in your map, and use values set on the specials tab to modify it.

The first argument sets the number of rats to spawn. This ranges from 1 to 5.
The second argument sets the radius to spawn rats from the centre of the spawner."

Opening ratTest.wad in Doom Builder 2 (Zdoom Doom in Hexen format, apparently) you can see two rat spawners, and the arguments are in the Action tab when you open the Edit Thing menu. So if you want to tweak the number of rats and distance they spawn, this is what you'd change, on a thing by thing basis in the map editor.

Oh thank you very much, I didn't realize it meant THOSE arguments, I was looking for them in the decorate lol

EDIT: I don't have a Specials tab but an Action tab in "doom in hexen format", is it supposed to work anyways?