Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Lycaon

80's styled texture pack?

Does anyone know about any 80's styled texture pack? Even if it's just some neon signs and stuff, it would be neat. Thanks!

Umm. Your making a map themed after an entire decade? What textures do you have already that wouldn't work in that criteria?

Action Doom 2 had a decent 80s vibe. Flashy urban environments like you'd find in a beat 'em up.

Deus Vult 2 also feels very 80s. It hits that sweet spot of cheesiness where you feel part of it is intended and part of it is actually meant to be serious. First few maps especially really make you feel like a B-movie action hero dropped off in the jungle.

Equinox looks like oldschool sci-fi.

Technically neither of these are texture wads, but they use custom textures which you could use (or look at for inspiration, haven't bothered to check the permissions...).

Sweet, I knew deus vult but the textures are generally not new. The other two I don know, I will check those

GoatLord said:

Are we talking like, Blade Runner or something? Or an 80s music video? What's the specific theme here?

For my two cents, the Doom community could only stand to benefit from an increase in WADs featuring big hair, dayglo yellow exercise shirts, and Highway To The Danger Zone midis.

esselfortium said:

Highway To The Danger Zone midis.

Well, can you provide a good one? I only found this song in Squadron 417 but that version isn't very good.
edit: goddammit, memfis posting from wrong account again

GoatLord said:

Are we talking like, Blade Runner or something? Or an 80s music video? What's the specific theme here?

Well, I created a Cyberpunk city and I feel it doesn't feel retro enough, so I guess it's more of a red zone, punch em all-like 80's aesthetic I'm looking for, but I figure anything can help

I have no idea how to extract textures from a game, but perhaps someone has uploaded them. Vice city is a great source indeed.

And thank you scifista, will chek out