Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
invictius

risen3d doesn't seem to support wads made for final doom

I just gave it a try, and I could actually play Plutonia 2 (haven't tried Plutonia 1024 yet). What are you doing to open them? In my case I first select Doom Games and choose The Plutonia Experiment. Then, select Installed Games and choose Plutonia 2 (to "install" a game just click in the icon with a face and a folder in the bottom right and search for the pwad). That's it, maybe you are skipping something?

Zed said:

I just gave it a try, and I could actually play Plutonia 2 (haven't tried Plutonia 1024 yet). What are you doing to open them? In my case I first select Doom Games and choose The Plutonia Experiment. Then, select Installed Games and choose Plutonia 2 (to "install" a game just click in the icon with a face and a folder in the bottom right and search for the pwad). That's it, maybe you are skipping something?

Ah okay, that method works, but not for plutonia 1024, complains about 17 missing lumps and places black where the missing textures are.

invictius said:

Ah okay, that method works, but not for plutonia 1024, complains about 17 missing lumps and places black where the missing textures are.

Mmmh, you're right, that's weird. Maybe we should wait for an expert.

EDIT: Just tried a couple other ports:

3DGE: Doesn't says anything about the missing textures (or I didn't see it), but anyway, they are still missing and replaced by interrogation marks.
Eternity: The same, but it uses black and white squares for replacement.
GZDoom: This one seems to work fine, no error messages and it seems the correct textures are showing up.
PrBoom+ and GlBoom+: No error messages, but shows HOMs.
Skulltag: Like GZDoom, works well apparently.
ZDoom: Same as Skulltag and GZDoom.

Simple answer to this one is ...

Download the latest Risen3D . Version 27 has just been released. Then just play like any other pwad.

BTW if you have similar problems with any other pwad that requires either plutonia or tnt, type this on the command line in the launcher e.g. -tnt or -plutonia

For resurrect/respawn, try this ... Launcher>tick advanced options>Options tab>Monster respawn.