Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Soundblock

Pimp my texture [NOW DOWNLOADABLE]

I'm putting together a new set of urban textures. The linked image is one of the bases of the texture set. I'd like to have as many different tags, nickname signatures, stencils, scrawls, doodles and/or full blown graffiti pieces as possible, to create a lively (demon-infested) city. Link any contributions, and they're more than likely to end up as part of the final set. Note that I might mod them to fit into the set as a whole.

Everyone's welcome to participate, but no explicit stuff will be included in the texture pack.

Here's an anti-aliased preview, but make sure to use this file link for any editing done.

http://www.monstercute.com/uploads/2/8/1/9/2819457/4191626.png?669

Pretty sure I'm having to do this bit of work myself, but the idea's been playing in my head of a texture-wall full of Doomworld signatures, so I thought I'd at least check if there are any willing pixel-pushers in the current community. It don't have to be pretty, just readable (or completely unreadable but artistic, as is the case with much grafitti).

EDIT NOTES:
- Hand drawn writing is preferred, rather than printed fonts - unless you're makeing a stencil of course (in which case the paint might drip a little).
- Neon-signs and hard prints are cool too and might end up in the set as shop signs or advertisements, but won't be part of any "big-wall" collages.
- Link to the finished DOWNLOAD.

This is an excellent and funny idea. I'll contribute something soon, what an original and fun way to get more custom textures!

I instinctively had to write the red text, but I suppose the Doom related signatures might be more appropriate.

Some really good stuff here, just what I needed!

Btw, for any additional entries - don't use predefined fonts - they don't look as much like real street art, since they're perfectly spaced. I might just mod some of the existing font'ed stuff in anyhow - but a freehand line is definitely preferred. I appreciate that its tough to make the limited palette look like spraycan/stencil.

Memfis said:

Does it have to be in the Doom palette?

If you want the texture to go into the set I'm making, then yes.

EDIT: grammar

I don't know if you meant mine or not, but here's a less computery version of the plums tag. And some other stuff. The soulsphere looks a bit shit but not every bit of graffiti is a masterpiece IRL anyhow.

Yes, but you guys must remember the 5:6 pixel ratio that they will be displayed in in-game! *booed off stage for typical pedantic ramblings*

You are right though, especially when it comes to circles, they're all going to appear as ovals. Oh well.

Sodaholic said:

Yes, but you guys must remember the 5:6 pixel ratio that they will be displayed in in-game! *booed off stage for typical pedantic ramblings*

I use aspect ratio correction!

OOOOOH SNAP