Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Lycaon

Where can I find Maps with custom content?

I'm looking forward to play maps that take advantage of all the custom contents that can be downloaded from various places such as realm667, and not merely textures but also new weapons and new monsters. Lots if possible. I can't find any, no matter how many wads I download from doomworld/idgames. It's like there's a mountain of fresh content hardly used and no one taking advantage of it. I've been playing this game for far too long and want to see something fresh. Architectural designs are all pretty much the same after you've played so many wads.

So my question is, Is there any page with a selection of such maps, or any search criteria I could use to find them easily on /idgames or anywhere else.

"Custom content" is a pretty broad, meaningless term. What are you specifically interested in? New weapons? New monsters?

I did say i specially wanted New Monsters and New Weapons :P

EDIT: I'm not talking simply about new stuff randomly placed in a generic map, but some kind of concept and story.

Start off with Knee Deep in ZDoom (very quality episode remake for Doom 1 IWAD). Continue with Discovering the Hell: The Invasion and Discovering the Hell: The 5 Worlds. Definitely check out Threshold Of Pain.

EDIT: Oh, you didn't want recommendations, but a way to find them in one place. Then I can advise you to search ZDoom forums for ZDoom maps and mapsets.

Continuing the ZDoom theme, Demon Eclipse, The Ultimate Torment and Torture, and both ZDoom Community Map Projects.

For something very different, try a ZDoom TC. Chosen, Action Doom, Urban Brawl, Harmony, Virus, or the recently-released Adventures of Square.

Gez said:

Continuing the ZDoom theme, Demon Eclipse, The Ultimate Torment and Torture, and both ZDoom Community Map Projects.

For something very different, try a ZDoom TC. Chosen, Action Doom, Urban Brawl, Harmony, Virus, or the recently-released Adventures of Square.

Some of those were what I was looking for. Especially Demon Eclipse and Adventures of Square. By the way Chosen was really sloppy and boring. Some of them I already knew. Thanks!

I'd like to point out that Adventures of Square is strictly standalone and does not require a copy of Doom or any other Doom Engine game to run.

The current official version of ZDoom can run it, detecting it as Doom 2, but the latest Git build of ZDoom detects it as an IWAD.