Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DoOmEr4LiFe

Another Dead Actor (Richard Kiel)

He was a Mr. Universe if I'm not mistaken. He was also in Happy Gilmore. Again, I could be mistaken, but you don't forget someone like that.

Why does it seem like celebrities die in strings? Really, it's like one celebrity dies, several more follow in the coming weeks, then it gets relatively quiet again for the next few years until the cycle repeats.

Then again, I pay no attention to celebrities in general and have pretty bad memory so I'm probably not qualified to talk about any of this.

Sodaholic said:

Why does it seem like celebrities die in strings? Really, it's like one celebrity dies, several more follow in the coming weeks, then it gets relatively quiet again for the next few years until the cycle repeats.

Then again, I pay no attention to celebrities in general and have pretty bad memory so I'm probably not qualified to talk about any of this.

People die all the time, you just dont hear about it cause theyre not celebrities.

Oh man this is really freaking sad. Jaws is by far my favorite henchman from the bond series. His character, when I first saw him in The Spy Who Loved Me, is what got me interested in the bond series in the first place, Spy Who Loved Me is still my vary favorite James Bond film. I would always play as Jaws in Goldeneye even though it made me a really easy target.

Some Richard Kiel Movies I've seen:
1962 Eegah - One of his first movies, also considered to be one of the worst movies ever made, skip this one unless you watch the MST3K version
1976 Silver Streak - A Gene Wilder & Richard Pryor film where Richard first dons the metal teeth to play a henchman
1977 The Spy Who Loved Me - He plays the character we all know & love, his name is a homage to a popular film that came out 2 years prior to this one
1979 Moonraker - After Star Wars made some big bucks Bond is back, but this time IN SPACE they even brought back fan favorite Jaws for good measure
1985 Pale Rider - A Clint Eastwood film where Richard Kiel plays a henchman at first, but eventually changes sides to help out in the final showdown
1996 Happy Gilmore - Oh my god Richard Kiel is finally given a speaking part & he's freaking hilarious here in Adam Sandlers best film

"Well, here's to you" Jaws in space there's lots of fans down here that will truly miss you.

I didn't know Richard Kiel too much to be honest, but I do remember him as Jaws in the James Bond film The Spy Who Loved Me. He must have been a really cool guy too, and I know a guy who met him in person before. My condolences go to the friends and family of Mr. Kiel.

My cousin said he was in the Twilight Zone too. How to Eat People?

BlackFish said:

I just watched him in MST3k's Human Duplicators.

Sweet, an MST I don't think I've seen! I'll have to watch it in his honour.

RIP, my condolences to his family and friends.