Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Gez

Raymoohawk's sprite edits

Death animation for Robo-Birdman looks good as a preliminary, but for the love of Satan's trousers do NOT leave that little reptilian thing standing there like that for a final frame on the finished product! Have 'em both just hit the deck and stay there; it'll look goofy as fuck and downright stupid if it just rolls onto its feet and stays perfectly still, especially if there are a bunch of them all doing this.

And yes, switch to the marble-green shades for the entire decoration (blood flow aside).

BaronOfStuff said:

Death animation for Robo-Birdman looks good as a preliminary, but for the love of Satan's trousers do NOT leave that little reptilian thing standing there like that for a final frame on the finished product! Have 'em both just hit the deck and stay there; it'll look goofy as fuck and downright stupid if it just rolls onto its feet and stays perfectly still, especially if there are a bunch of them all doing this

instead of standing, i could have it land on a crouched position. that is as far as i'm willing to compromise on this

raymoohawk said:

the explsion probably needs some more work, maybe someone could splice something together from the explosions sprites already in freedoom?

Don't mind if I do

nice! thanks horrormovieguy :)

also i didnt notice the pillars, theyre nice too ;)

maz do you still have the mask for the invulnerability? i totally forgot about teh powerups

Maz Hades said:

Boom
(marbley pillars)

An improvement I think, but the flashing eyes will make it look alive again.

raymoohawk said:

its not a berserk, its for the invulnerability, the other frames just havent been done yet

I am talking about the actual berserk pack, not the recently posted sprite. The red pill shaped thing does not have as much visibility. This is important in DM and when there are piles of enemies in SP.

Stick the berserk pack on a stand like the medikit syringe things from the beta doom. The lights on the fountain are meant to make it look alive, imagine if you were trying to rob a temple and the statue's eyes were glowing like that. It's meant to be like an ancient robber deterrant They're powered by a small waterwheel inside the head, being spun by the bloodflow.

raymoohawk said:

instead of standing, i could have it land on a crouched position. that is as far as i'm willing to compromise on this

I was thinking the little fella could land with his hands on his head/over his eyes or something like he's taking cover. So he spills out of the thing and keeps his head down, because, ya know, bullets flying everywhere.

Even if it's not dead, it probably shouldn't just be sitting there with an inane grin on its face.

I mean it did just fall a distance of more than twice its own height and land right on its spine. I'd like to see anything try to sit down and grin so complacently after managing that.

BaronOfStuff said:

Even if it's not dead, it probably shouldn't just be sitting there with an inane grin on its face.

I mean it did just fall a distance of more than twice its own height and land right on its spine. I'd like to see anything try to sit down and grin so complacently after managing that.

While I agree that it does look kind of awkward just permanently standing there, a smaller an organism is the faster it can fall without taking severe damage. Especially since these things seem to be pretty pudgy, giving them more to absorb the fall with. Kind of like penguins, who fall pretty gracelessly off cliffs and pick themselves right back up seconds later.

its not suppossed to be dead, this was already discussed before it was sprited, it is supposed to look as if you where freeing it from the machine

I suppose that's true enough, but then these things are also being drained of their life or whatever in those containers, hardly leaving them in an ideal condition to just plonk on the floor and sit there like it's just another Monday.

moar pesti!

i think ill go with ventris' idea about the zam's landing

also hooray for 1000 reply! (aka me wasting forum space)

The little lizard is meant to be a cyborg blob of pure energy, which is why it's being used in a weapon. So it's likely it'll still be alive after being freed.
Ray, you might want to make the over-the-shoulder pipes stick up a little more, so you can tell they're not just painted on :D

raymoohawk said:

its not suppossed to be dead, this was already discussed before it was sprited, it is supposed to look as if you where freeing it from the machine

You could make it look kinda ambiguous whether they're dead or just kinda knocked out.

Just wanted to say: Amazing work, guys! Very professional looking, solid design. Absolutely perfect!