Raymoohawk's sprite edits

those 3 are staying for a long while since im focusing on the easier to do ones first, but i do intend to redesing those 3 heavely

EDIT
i like the idea of the a caco that resembles the flying guy from quake

also im editing the impeiled zombies right now

Voltcom9 said:

using the one with tentacles to replace the current Orb monster/ Cacodemon.

Please, no. The Cacodemon / Flying Jellyfish is one of the most characteristic monsters of Freedoom. It is even used as the icon in the Debian package. It would be very sad to have it replaced. But I agree it could need some polish.

Yeah i agree with fabian, the cacodemon looks good althrough could use some improvement and also i mentioned that the imp with tentacles would not fit well as a cacodemon in my previous post.
Not to mention it would take more time to make it well suitable to replace the caco than improving the caco itself.

Great progress!
At this rate the Shotgunner will be done in just a few days.
And the impaled zombie looks great too.

The new sprites give the game a much darker, more menacing look. I like the cyborg look on them. It will definitely cut a lot of the cheesiness out of Freedoom. Awesome work!

raymoohawk said:

the impaled zombies are here

Great, thanks!

That's the twitching impaled zombie. There's also a non-twitching one. Could you do that one too?

The new Sergeant is looking great. If you can put those into a single sheet graphic then I can cut it up into sprites and put them in a WAD to try out.

here is the non twitching zombie

i havent finished the shotgunguy yet

also could someone check wich of the zombie frames needs to have its pants darkened, the colors jump around too much

I got the impaled zombies in the repo, they look pretty sweet. :)

Sergeant test WAD with the frames from the sprite sheet you posted. Looking good. I don't see any color mismatching but maybe you have better eyes than me :)

The sprite offsets probably need adjusting and I can take care of that.

The moving shotgunner sprites are looking great, as well the impaled zombie which completes the zombie.
So now we shouldn't worry about the zombie as it is done.

oh guys im sorry for the lack of updates, my computer has been shutting down spontaneusly, a huge scratch appeared out of nowhere in my tablet and the teacher went ballistic on me

this is all ive been able to put togther so far

and a quick concept of the cacodemon

Excellent work on the Caco too !

I like the blue appendages ; they fit with the blue gore splashing in those Crispy / Retro ports.

Hell yeah, that's a proper Cacodemon! Looks amazing, much better than the existing one.

Now that's an improvement to the caco, the shotgunner looks great too and if your computer shuts down spontaneusly that may have something to do with the fan cooler or something else like virus.
If your fan cooler doesn't work, you may have to buy a new one.

i originally thought it was the fan cause it sometimes blows air hot enough to hurt if you put your hand close, but sometimes it shuts down when its realtvely cool

Whoa, the Caco!

Sorry to hear that about your computer. :/

raymoohawk said:

i originally thought it was the fan cause it sometimes blows air hot enough to hurt if you put your hand close, but sometimes it shuts down when its realtvely cool

In that case there is something malfunctioning.
However you might want to post a thread, because there are some people around here that might know about PC problems.

raymoohawk said:

and a quick concept of the cacodemon

Wow.

Eventually people might say that Freedoom looks better than Doom.

Looking great, with sprites like this FreeDoom will be on par with Doom in terms of monster graphics.

raymoohawk said:

another rotation

This is awesome work, sorry to hear about your computer :(

EDIT: I put all your new sergeant frames so far into a single sheet:

And I updated the test WAD with the new sprites. It's looking great.

That's too much blood for what will be used as a pain frame in general. That looks more like it would be appropriate as the first death frame.

I'm really liking the new caco, however.

raymoohawk said:

another!

Yeah baby more caco progress. Looks much nicer <3

thanks, ill see what i can do about the blood, but not before working on the rest of the frames

a question, now that realm 667 is back is there a reason we cant make freedoom resources available there?

New sprite sheet, and test WAD is updated. Looks like we just need the death frames now. Almost there!

raymoohawk said:

a question, now that realm 667 is back is there a reason we cant make freedoom resources available there?

Sure, this sounds like a great idea. It would make sense to do this and also to put up some of the old sprites if they aren't already there so that people can use them.

the shotgunguy is done

please tell if its compressed by upload or something

EDIT

im still working on the new hellknight, eriance game ve permission to use the arms of his overlord so it should make it easier now

here is an in proggress update of the monster i had shown previewsly