• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Katamori

Doomworld Mega Project walkthroughs [latest: ZDoom level 2 - Ed]

Sooo...?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Sooo...?

• I'm interested in, I'll check some videos.
    • Leave me alone, I don't care.

Okay so...I made these videos a verylong time ago (most of them), bu I noticed that so many people are involved that instead of mentioning everyone one by one, I share it in a separated thread.

So, I made a complete walkthrough of Doomworld Mega Project 2012, and I'm uploading videos of Doomworld Mega Project 2013. For those who ave contributed and/or interested in, I share these videos here.

Yes, I't partially an advertisement, but I'm damn sure that several people might be interested in it. Fix me if I'm wrong.

Doomworld Mega Project 2012 playlist. It's a little bit f&cked up cause I didn't do the "1video-1map" way of recording, but I mentioned the map numbers in the title.

Doomworld Mega Project 2013 playlist. I did the "1video-1map" style here, except at ZDoom MAP01. Though, it's still durng uploading, so please be patient, I'm gonna post the new videos here.

Thank you for doing this :)

I've been following the playthrough up until now and I'm enjoying it so far. Keep up the good work :)

The_Trigger, thanks! I just rendered your video on Tuesday!

Spoiler

Your map reminded me of maps from ZDoom Forums community.

If I don't confuse it to another map... :D recording the video of that map was the first time I've seen your name EVER.

Haha, can't wait to see your feedback then :)

I'm also known as Yugiboy85 on youtube so you might've played my map "undesired reality" (an e4m1 replacement for ultimate doom).

Katamori said:

joe-ilya, it was not even remotely hard compared to the first map of the ZDoom set![/url]

I think the first map of the ZDoom set is the hardest of all of DMP2013.

Have you recorded all of them then, and are just uploading as time/bandwidth allows?

plums said:

Have you recorded all of them then, and are just uploading as time/bandwidth allows?

I attempted to create and upload a single video, but that wold have been 2 hours and 10 minutes long overall, and would have taken 26 hours(!) for Sony Vegas to convert. Therefore I cut it into 4 30 minutes videos.

Merciless map BTW, words can not describe how much I agonized with that. And ironically, the design is actually great!

My mic went wrong around that time so I had to use the sound recording of the camera. Also I thought that facecam may improve the "enjoyability" of the vids.

It's not actually scarecam, but you have a point.

Thanks for your play of "Don't Touch That Dial!", Katamori.

The title is a bit obtuse, and may be something only old Americans like me can relate to, but back in the day when commercial network TV reigned supreme, broadcasters would always say, "Don't touch that dial!," meaning, they did not want you to switch to another station. I thought it would make sense in a Doom map if you think of the switches as dials, and the reason you don't want to touch them is because, every time you do, something bad happens. Well anyway, that's how my mind worked. ;D

Thank Memfis, too, for talking me out of putting a block-monster line at the exit, so the Cyb could come out and give players the option to run past him.

Now I look forward to seeing you play Death Metal! Cheers.

SteveD: I guessed that something related to TV is behind the title, but never thought of that it's related to the ingame switches. Creative!

Oh, Death Meal was brutal. I don't even expect anythig else from cannonball at this point. Especially after playing NOVA.

Anyway, fellowzdoomer's map.

Katamori said:

url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gq4A1NXgp6o]Anyway, fellowzdoomer's map.[/url]

I think it's way better than the next map because it had originality.

joe-ilya said:

I think it's way better than the next map because it had originality.

You wound me.

TheMionicDonut said:

You wound me.

Your map is a painful berserk map at the start which removes the patience from what's afterwards, while FellowZ has a cool idea for a challange to push a switch untill the hill in the middle lowers completly before the invulnerability runs out,

Katamori said:

Breezep: sorry, I have no idea. Ask chaingunner.

Also, TheMionicDonut's map. ilya was too critical IMO, the map is playable despite being hard, and extremely trollish at the end.

You also played it on babby-mode carry over ammo from the last map. (which it conveniently complements nicely) But is not manly-man punching demons in the face mode.

I watched the video where you played my map in DMP12, and at the end of the map you said: "that's all?". Nope, that's not all, but that's what you get when you carry over the BFG and ammo from the previous level(s) and rush to the exit ;)

I really think megawads consisting of random maps like these should be played each map with pistol start.

darkreaver said:

I really think megawads consisting of random maps like these should be played each map with pistol start.

I doubt it's a huge problem. I prefer carrying more ammo, just to cases when I'm out of that, you know.

joe-ilya's map. Gonna be too critical at some parts

Katamori said:

SteveD:Oh, Death Meal was brutal. I don't even expect anythig else from cannonball at this point. Especially after playing NOVA.

I finally watched your Death Metal video. You did a great job. Yeah, it's brutal cannonball stuff. Great looking map, too. I haven't been brave enough to play it yet, so thanks for doing it. It's fun watching someone else die, rather than to be the one getting killed. :)

SteveD said:

I finally watched your Death Metal video. You did a great job. Yeah, it's brutal cannonball stuff. Great looking map, too. I haven't been brave enough to play it yet, so thanks for doing it. It's fun watching someone else die, rather than to be the one getting killed. :)

Thanks, I did what I could. The mnap itself was surprisingly playable compared to the monster amount. Stiull hard, and yeah, I died several times. :P

I have to mention though that doing it while recording and speaking is way harder.

Katamori said:

Demonoloist's map

Thanks for the video, yet I'm tired of hearing stuff like "unplayable" and "coop-only". I never make unbeatable maps because I see no point in it, and I don't care much about coop lovers, so the only thing I could possibly do for them is to make sure that map is simply coop-compatible and won't be broken at any point. If you want to see a proof that this map is beatable in sp mode without cheating, savegames and other silly things - here's my playthrough. Not even the smoothest one, so this map isn't that unforgiving unless you abandon the intended strategies completely.
If you think that the map is shit - that's fine, and defending it is the last thing I'm interested in. Yet by calling it unplayable you delve into false accusations, and that's not a very good thing, you know.
All of the above was said for one last time, and for the great justice.

Demonologist said:

Thanks for the video, yet I'm tired of hearing stuff like "unplayable" and "coop-only". I never make unbeatable maps because I see no point in it, and I don't care much about coop lovers, so the only thing I could possibly do for them is to make sure that map is simply coop-compatible and won't be broken at any point. If you want to see a proof that this map is beatable in sp mode without cheating, savegames and other silly things - here's my playthrough. Not even the smoothest one, so this map isn't that unforgiving unless you abandon the intended strategies completely.
If you think that the map is shit - that's fine, and defending it is the last thing I'm interested in. Yet by calling it unplayable you delve into false accusations, and that's not a very good thing, you know.
All of the above was said for one last time, and for the great justice.

Hey, I'm sorry, I didn't want to piss you off or hurt you or anything. As I mentioned, the design is actually good (despite using lowered-raised sectors instead of actual walls was pretty bizarre, but it doesn't affect gameplay - it was mentioned as well), but I'm pretty sur you didn't playtest it properly. I mean, you said you're tired of hearing this, so I assume others have complained about difficulty. Therefore MAYBE it was actually too hard. Your gameplay vid was damn precise I think, you were lucky already att 0:06. You also can't say I didn't try hard enough, because if you watched this video, then you could see that I did try as I could, at least at the beginning.

I've never said such things like "the map is shit". Maybe even saying "unplayable" was an exaggeration - I pissed myself off while recording I guess.