Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BlueFeena

Mojang purchased by Microsoft; sun exploding

How long before Microsoft pushes to monetize Youtube videos in Minecraft. Yogcast would cease. Total Biscuit says people would just go to a different game.

edit: Odd monetization isn't a word?

geo said:

How long before Microsoft pushes for monotization of Youtube videos in Minecraft. Yogcast would cease. Total Biscuit says people would just go to a different game.

Encouraging monetization of gameplay of your video game on Youtube is bad?

I think he means how long until Microsoft starts claiming revenue on Minecraft videos, which would include taking chunks out of current Minecraft-based Youtube channels like all the members of the Yogscast, a lot of the Mindcrackers, and so forth.

You could reskin Minecraft so that the blocks have some kind of Star Wars theme, but then you just get Minecraft in space. Nothing particularly innovative.

In all honesty, this has probably already been done as a texture set for Minecraft seeing as it has a wide collection of modifications built for it. The comparison with Lego is pretty spot on. The creative possibilities are pretty much endless in a way. It is basically computerised Lego, yes, Lego has different franchise themes etc. But many people have created content based on other franchises to further customise a player's experience and they are all for free. Edit: Just to back up my point, here's one I found.

Springy said:

In all honesty, this has probably already been done as a texture set for Minecraft seeing as it has a wide collection of modifications built for it.

Yes, but you can't mod the console versions, and as much as we might to think that no one would buy those, we would be horribly, horribly wrong.

babo said:

Encouraging monetization of gameplay of your video game on Youtube is bad?

No it just seems lazy and easy. Then they complain about it and the games they play and get paid bitchez. Just like Microsoft can get in on that Minecraft / Youtube money even if its 15%.

I've started to unsubscribe a lot of people once they complain about Youtube, Twitch and Nintendo stream policies. When they start to complain, they're not there for the right reasons.

Jodwin said:

Yes, but you can't mod the console versions, and as much as we might to think that no one would buy those, we would be horribly, horribly wrong.

Ah yes, that is a fair point, I did forget too take that into account however, I never realised that the sales of the console version surpassed that of the original. That has surprised me quite a lot.

dew said:

I hear you, man. He should've accepted the payout in bitcoins. But seriously, are you 12 and oblivious to the concept of money? Two point five billion dollars is when you just walk away from what you are doing and stop caring about it, because you can do whatever you want now.

Still a fucking sellout.