Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dg93

US to assign 3,000 from US military to fight Ebola

I don't think I'll get Ebola but I am concerned that it's not being handled as well as it should.

Less than a degree lower than the threshold? Oh, but you were seeing that patient with Ebola? Bah, go ahead on the flight anyhow! I don't want to sound like a dick but what makes the guy they brought into Texas any different than the thousands of others dying of it?

Some of the protective measures against it are quite nearby (thanks to that stupid nurse), so I am technically at higher risk than people living elsewhere (aside from Texas and other parts of Ohio, that is, who are in a similar situaion). Even if that does mean that risk is 0.5% as opposed to 0.4% or something.

Doom Marine said:

it sounds like you're backing out on me

Says the guy with "took his ball and went home" as his custom title (says the guy with "I feel justified yet disgusted with myself at the same time" as his custom title).

Your bet is a fucking nonsense and you only presented it, because you knew a sane person wouldn't agree to it. Five years? According to you, there are 50,000 dead in Africa within a few months, but you need FIVE YEARS to build up a tenth of it in Europe? I thought we were talking about the current epidemic, what exactly are you trying to get me into? Hoping for another two or three outbreaks in that time period, then claim all the various strains count too? I'm not waiting for five years, you saying "let's wait for a fucking decade and then everyone will see I was right" is just killing a debate. You are totally avoiding that 50k figure death toll like... Ebola and keep running to some claims I don't even give a shit about. An entire page worth of posts and you just keep bullshitting like a politician caught lying.

And bitcoin? Nice troll, you goddamn moron.

As you have backed down from my proposal and lost your cool, I have won this argument.

I predicted that your reaction to my logic and reasoning would end in a burst of uncontrollable anger, and so long as you remain predictable, you are your own worst enemy and I won't have to lift a finger.

I can call you a clueless ape flapping his gums too, but at the end of the day, it accomplishes nothing over the internet.

Angry little man aren't you?

And now that you proclaimed yourself a victor in a debate, which is of course the only way to win, 50 thousand dead bodies of Ebola came to existence in Africa, retroactively making your bullshit claim right. Can't argue with your cold, uncompromising scientific logic in which you back your every word with facts.

Holy shit, you are really in love with yourself a lot. You can't win this debate by trolling and I won't lose just because I get angry and tell you how ridiculous your methods are.

dew said:

just because I get angry and tell you how ridiculous your methods are.

Come on buddy, say it with me: "Anger... Issues"

dew said:

Holy shit, you are really in love with yourself a lot.

You and I can finally agree with something for once. Worship me.

Study shows Doom mapping linked to Ebola proliferation - "Those who suck cock while mapping especially vulnerable," researcher says.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/10/28/us-health-ebola-idUSKBN0IH08T20141028

U.S. soldiers that were sent to West Africa are now being isolated. Furthermore, Australia has imposed a ban on visas coming from Ebola-ravaged West African states.

Article said:

American soldiers returning from West Africa are being isolated, even if they show no symptoms and are not believed to have been exposed to the virus.

I'm waiting until the obvious happens. Do the math:

• Boats with hundreds of immigrants "rescued" everyday in the Mediterranean
  • Statistically speaking, at least some of them WILL be infected wih Ebola
  • Confining them in "temporary detention centers" under shitty conditions (why don't they organize those centers like proper concentration or military camps, where at least the "guests" will have to clean after their own shit, is beyond me).
  • ???
  • Profit!!!
Maybe then they'll start turning those boats back (if not outright sinking them). Maybe the UK knows something more and has already differentiated its policy?

Maes said:

Statistically speaking, at least some of them WILL be infected wih Ebola

I hope you realize this is where your maths fail. Wouldn't we hear about Ebola in Libya first? :p

Also cmon, linking to BNP lunacy? I guess you're giving Golden Dawn policies a chance too?
edit: Went through the full article. Well, Cameron is pandering to the scum more and more. We can only hope he'll get sent packing next year.

dew said:

I hope you realize this is where your maths fail. Wouldn't we hear about Ebola in Libya first? :p

I'm fairly sure that some immigrant-loving LGBT "solidarity groups" will launch "positive embracements" campaigns, claiming that most immigrants are "Ebola-free, clean working-class brothers" (which is bullshit, because even if you leave Ebola out of the equation, many immigrants carry diseases like polio, syphilis and TBC which were all but eradicated in Western countries).

However you can't help but notice too how there's a lot of talk and actions (?) on reinforcing the borders at a relatively "high", "noble" level (international air travel), which however involves relatively few people, while a much more people-heavy factor such as illegal immigration by boats is (convenienτly?) left out. What is going on here? Does Ebola magically disappear if the infectees travel through land/sea? Or the voyage through land/sea is simply rough enough that it "weeds out" the infectees before they reach Europe?

On 10/18/2014 at 9:44 AM, dew said:

Doom Marine, wanna make a bet? 5k dead Murcans on Murcan soil over/under, $100 bet?

On 10/18/2014 at 1:07 PM, Doom Marine said:

I've got a counter-bet: 5k ebola deaths in Europe, 5 bitcoins each, escrowed. Winner takes all exactly five years from the timestamped escrow (~2019).

On 10/18/2014 at 11:01 PM, dew said:

Wait, what? Five years? Bwahahaha, you can't be serious.

On 10/19/2014 at 2:26 AM, Doom Marine said:

For someone who is always trying to pick a fight, it sounds like you're backing out on me.

Five years is a serious commitment. Both proposals arbitrary, my bet is equally valid or invalid as yours. My bet is superior because it actually specifies the exact deadline for conditions to occur, where yours have none.

Sounds like you're not serious.
I'm serious enough to take on your bet and my bet, provided both terminates at the same time.

No guts, no glory.

Sorry for the bump, but we just hit the deadline for this bet!

..but the bet never happened :( you missed out on a chance to make some serious bank, dew! Between the US and Europe I found a total of 6 documented cases of Ebola on this page since 2014, with 0 being deaths: https://www.cdc.gov/vhf/ebola/history/chronology.html

Of course, there's a chance the true numbers are being hidden, but I think it's safe to say the body count was somewhat under 5,000. I'm not trying to downplay the threat of ebola either, clearly an extremely destructive virus (just look what it's done in Africa), I'm just glad the US/EU epidemic so many worried about for a time there never came true.

Ebola itself isn't even a serious problem in Africa.

The problem is a total lack of trust in the government. You can add to that, that ebola happens in African countries that had the CIA mess with their democratically elected governments and install dictatorial mass murdering military leaders during the Cold War, so you end up with a situation where people don't trust the international help either.

A health crisis where people don't trust any medical help will become so much larger.

I'm locking this now before we get a bunch of replies from people who haven't actually read the thread and have no idea how old it is.