Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
killer2

Monetizing Doom Let's Plays

Hi. The Binding of Isaac Rebirth will launch really soon and I was thinking of starting a Let's Play on it, but since I haven't done it before, I was thinking of doing some practice videos first and maybe ask for some feedback and whatnot.

Anyways, I was thinking of doing a Doom let's play of sort for some of the newest wads as practice. I realize I probably won't get any relevant number of views on those videos, but on the offchance I do, I was wondering what id's stance on monetizing videos was so I don't have my videos removed off of Youtube and maybe get flagged by Youtube as a copyright infringer. I figured Doomworld would probably be the best place to ask.

P.S. If you guys could tell me if there is a list for all companies/music bands/etc and their status on this that would be really awesome!

I have totally monetized mine, and nothing has happened to them so far. Yeah, I don't get many views either, but I don't think it would be a problem either way.

I've only ever had one "audio copyright" problem with Youtube regarding Doom wads thus far, and that was with meapineapple's "Moonlite" map for some reason. (had to put it on twitch in the end)

There used to be a way to overcome any such disputes by copy-pasting a 'fair use' law thing into your dispute against the audio thing, although I don't know if it still works or not.

Anyways best of luck out there, glad to see another person LP'ing Doom wads!

Thanks a lot for the replies! I'll make sure to notify you guys when I start LP-ing. For now I need a good headset which I'm going to buy soonish.
Anyways, another question, what are some good recording programs that are free and easy to use?