Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dew

Miscellaneous demos (part 3) [please post in part 4 instead]

I'm in Grazza mode nowadays: not really interested in spending a lot of time on speed demos anymore, just recording once in a while if I find a trick or something. I guess I posted this demo hoping that it will inspire someone to record a max.

btw I would love to have "short and pointless" as my custom title, that describes most of my wad releases perfectly. :D

Memfis said:

I'm in Grazza mode nowadays

You're too young for that, Grazza is roughly twice your age.
And watch out what you hope for, hopes sometimes come true only for you to find out that that's not what you really needed.
Now go and work on that max.

Far more pointless and shorter demos passing through! Yay!

obtic11 map03 Pacifist in 0:01.77 and NM Speed in 0:01.71

Apparently no one uploaded a demo of this obviousness in the 20 years of this wad's existence so I guess it will be my demos that will end up on DSDA.

obtic11-kd.zip

REALM UV-Max in 3:58.
Pacifist in 0:12.

Through some research, I found that this wad was actually in WADPAK3 as E2M8, and the DSDA has two runs for it in WADPAK3 by Never_Again (an NM-Speed and UV -fast). N_A didn't notice this shortcut, though, which skips most of the map.

re10_shock.zip

A nice find! And it's good to see someone who knows how to do his homework.
I recall dying in the other slime trench at least once, the one you are supposed to jump into. This one is an obvious dead-end, so I never tried taking a dip there.
I bet if you go for a NM Pacifist on this map you won't need to bother with that barrel. ;>

I've accidentally loaded next maps before, and always cut them out with -recordfromto, it doesn't matter at all, since you didn't tas the actual gameplay

Heh, I don't recommend running BTSX until it's actually out, though that'll take forever (damnit Essel!)

koren said:

crumpets.wad uv-max demos

map01 in 0:02

4shockblast said:

Crumpets Map 1 UV-Max in 0:01.66.

These are NoMo, not UV Max.

MD922 said:

Epic Map 01 UV-Speed in 53.91.
In the end of the demo, I accidentally spammed space, so I moved to Map 02. Can anyone help me by editing the demo so I don't move on to map 02?

Here you are. Added a couple of seconds to the intermission screen's duration as well.

ep01-053-edit.zip