Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dew

Miscellaneous demos (part 3) [please post in part 4 instead]

Ok, I've cleaned the thread up a little and in the process I gave Flashback to Hell its own thread.

Also I'd like to ask Cyberdemon to post demos for different megawads in separate posts, "splitting" off some of his posts involved reuploading the repackaged demos to his "nearest" relevant posts, heh.

Yousuf Anik said:

holyhell map 02 in 30:48

one of my big achievement :)

Nice, really liked that moment with 12% health or whatever and the rush for ammo.

rdwpa said:

Nice, really liked that moment with 12% health or whatever and the rush for ammo.

tbh, that was the most terrible moment of this run, i was very scared that time. don't know how i get back alive :D thanks for watching :)

Industrial Techware Doom maxes and a few speeds:
E1M1 UV-Max in 0:39.
E1M1 Pacifist in 0:24.
E1M2 UV-Max in 1:41.
E1M2 Pacifist in 0:29. (bonus alt route in 0:30)
E1M3 UV-Max in 3:15.
E1M4 UV-Max in 3:49.
E1M4 Pacifist in 0:31.
E1M5 UV-Max in 3:23.
E1M6 UV-Max in 2:18.
E1M6 UV-Speed in 1:18.
E1M7 UV-Max in 3:23. (NSFW :D)
E1M8 UV-Max in 2:49.
E1M9 UV-Max in 3:46.
E1M9 Pacifist in 0:48.

There's a twelve year old thread for this wad containing the demos from the UV-Speed/Pacifist pack, but I figured it would be better placed in Misc demos than bumping a thread that old. :P

itd_shock.zip

Demonologist said:

That's an interesting way of self-promotion, but oh well. Attaching Flourishing Demonic Ass in case you need one [Andy don't upload this crap please].

That wasn't self-promotion. But you can find more of these maps in my 1-hr speedmap thread, 11 in total. Some of them have funky Dehacked stuff like a giant arachnorb enemy. These are leisure maps, mostly, less punishing than my fuller stuff but with tense moments sprinkled throughout. (Okay, that is. :))

Cool FDA though, I liked the troll ending. :D

The Experiment MAP13 UV Max in 9:12.

This WAD is a mystery to me. Gaston Lahaut (Mordeth) is mentioned among the authors, even though he didn't create a single level ?!?! Michael Reid stuff is the best; some maps are just bad: MAP09 can't be finished due to not setting an action to a tagged linedef. Plenty of misalignments, doors opening up in areas with sky ceiling, bullshit traps, but there is also old-school charm present and I can't say I didn't enjoy playing the WAD.

tex13-912.zip

The fantastic Doomguy catapult! I did nazi anything like that before!

Killing 3 revenants in 9 shotgun shots on some ugly map by me (I thought about making something for TAS). Plays back in Chocolate Doom with "-merge rev3sg.wad -deh deh.deh -playdemo rev3sg" or in PrBoom-Plus with "-file rev3sg.wad -playdemo rev3sg". Maybe this supposed to be posted in the rare kills thread, but I'm not sure.

rev3sg.zip

Made this one a long time ago, but never bothered posting it because, well, once you see the map, you'll know. the-end.wad NM speed in 0:25.

EDIT: the txt file has a mistake. it's E1M1, not MAP01. Probably should have put that it's a doom 1 demo...

the-endnmspd.zip