Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dew

Miscellaneous demos (part 3) [please post in part 4 instead]

A Nodes problem or a block map problem with the map?  Try a casual demo for yourself and see if it plays back for you.  If it does not it is likely a map problem.

ser3lv11 by Holger Nathrath UV Max 7:41

I don't know the history of this creation, why is this "Serenity III - MAP11", but plays as MAP01? Was it thouht as MAP11 of some WAD? Does this explain having cell and rocket ammo and no weapons to use it with? Anyway, it's from 1996 and is aesthetically in between Infinity and STRAIN, a nice looking level.

ser3lv11-741.zip

6 hours ago, vdgg said:

E4M1 in 0:10 (hope someone gets 0:09 or 0:08)

Spend nearly 20 minutes trying to top it but kept getting exactly 10 so got bored of it and did something else.

Bijou Doom E4M1 UV fast in 0:12

exe: Chocolate Doom 2.0.0

Also nice job done on the episode 4 max :)

biue14-f012.zip

@vdgg If you get lucky with the moving floor you might be able to do it in under 10s.

Edited by elmle

Here's a demonstration of one way of getting 0:09. The other way that I tried for a bit was settling for three bullets on the sergeant and going for the four-rocket-and-then-one-shotgun-blast baron kill after pre-switching for the RL pickup, but killing the baron that way seems pretty rare, so that was annoying. 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lcrtad24zqo0vi0/bj41_sill2.lmp?dl=1

(It's on skill 4; 'sill2' is rooted in silly.)

Edited by rdwpa

The Joy of Mapping #1

MAP03 UV-Max in 0:36

MAP04 UV-Max in 1:15

MAP05 UV-Max in 0:42

MAP10 UV-Max in 1:14

MAP14 UV-Max in 1:35

MAP15 UV-Max in 1:28

D2ALL No Monsters in 3:50

All demos are GZDoom 2.1.1

joyone_misc2.zip

Edited by Jezs

A request: with (G)ZDoom demos, could you put the port (GZDoom 2.1.1) in the post itself too when it's convenient to do so? It's useful to know before downloading, since 'whether I have that version already set up' is a tie-breaker in whether I watch most GZDoom demos.

Edited by rdwpa

22 minutes ago, rdwpa said:

A request: with (G)ZDoom demos, could you put the port (GZDoom 2.1.1) in the post itself too when it's convenient to do so? It's useful to know before downloading, since 'whether I have that version already set up' is a tie-breaker in whether I watch most GZDoom demos.

Edited.

1 hour ago, rdwpa said:

Who is Rudy Jurjako, by the way?

A speedrunner with one entry for Plutonia demo pack (best players of the time) and a few for Requiem second demo pack. Also a mapper, but his "Ktulu" is not a successful WAD at all IMO.

50 minutes ago, Zahid said:

maxed at 9:15 

Seems like it's actually 9:10? Still, Dark Eden is a map I know well from my early days (I think it was only the second map I ever saw with a mandatory archvile jump, after Icarus map25), and really dislike (it looks very good, but plays obnoxiously), so congratulations for destroying it. :)