Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dew

Miscellaneous demos (part 3) [please post in part 4 instead]

hehe so much for tas-only strats, ey. what a sick improvement on my shitty time (and ggg's marginally better run, that isn't on dsda for some reason)

many encounters in that map were the poster-child for D-D traps: interesting and hard AF to play the intended way, and way too rewarding to play the cheesy/cowardly way ;D

Viggles is planning on updating Brigandine (found the link -- Breach is getting an update too apparently), and Mountain Base was posted yesterday with a request for feedback so the author will presumably want to update it as well.

Dark Resolution 2008 - MAP10 - The Soulscarred Universe - UV-Max in 20:02

dr10-2002.zip

I made the jump to 2.5.1.5, I had a knee jerk reaction after trying it when it was first released as the mouse input felt completely different and I'm very adamant about fine tuning mouse sensitivity settings so it feels perfect, ultimately it feels more smoother then 2.5.1.4 in the end and just took time to get used to.

44 minutes ago, Poncho said:

A bit of BTSX won't do much harm.

There's a BtSX thread. BTW, you put Dec 3, 2018 ;P

3:50 That demon didn't die in one rocket, amazing. It's sort of unfortunate that there're so many stragglers at the end.

Edited by GarrettChan

40 minutes ago, GarrettChan said:

There's a BtSX thread. BTW, you put Dec 3, 2018 ;P

3:50 That demon didn't die in one rocket, amazing. It's sort of unfortunate that there're so many stragglers at the end.

Yeah, about the thread... a bit late perhaps. Do I just put it in that thread too, or just leave it as it is?

1 hour ago, Poncho said:

Yeah, about the thread... a bit late perhaps. Do I just put it in that thread too, or just leave it as it is?

As dew said, in this thead, you're encouraged to bump the thread, so no worry about that. I think it's good to put demos accordingly unless there's no such thread.

↓↓↓@Poncho Yes.

Edited by GarrettChan

9 minutes ago, GarrettChan said:

As dew said, in this thead, you're encouraged to bump the thread, so no worry about that. I think it's good to put demos accordingly unless there's no such thread.

So... it's best I put it in the appropriate thread, then? (A simple yes or no would be nice, please. :P).

@Poncho I think the mods would put it in the correct thread for you, but I'm not certain. I did the same thing a couple of times before. 

I'd say just leave your post as is; Andy regularly checks the demo threads for updates. 

The (mostly unofficial I think) rules are:

1. If there is a thread for demos for the wad or wad series or author you are recording a demo for, place it in that thread, even if the thread is old. These are listed here: link. The thread may not always be fully updated, so it might be good to check through Google search as well.

2. If there is no thread and you suspect the wad will receive adequate demo attention or you intend to make many demos afterwards, it can be appropriate to start a thread.

3. If there is no thread, and you don't think the wad will receive many more demos or you're not certain that it will, place it in one of the appropriate misc. threads (TAS or nomo exist as well). If a thread, in fact, exists, or if a bunch of demos end up being made, and there are enough for a thread, the moderators can move your demo to the appropriate thread or a new thread, so you should just keep your demo in misc until that is done instead of double posting.

^ What he said. Usually I sort misplaced stuff when I see it or someone prods me, but since you've already reposted it, I've deleted the demo/post from this thread. I'll keep the discussion for educational reasons.