Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dew

Miscellaneous demos (part 3) [please post in part 4 instead]

On 2018/1/13 at 7:36 PM, lirui1001 said:

I don't know why there is no thread for this megawad.

Because YOU didn't make it! So do it. Having a separate thread is also usually a good way to inspire other players to record.

2 hours ago, wintertowns said:

Breach

Map01 UV-max in 12:25

breach-1225.zip

There's a monster alive at the end, a HK that the vile revived. You can hear it firing as you approach the exit switch.

edit: All monsters (excluding souls) should be dead at the point of exit, including revived ones . . . in case you were aware of the monster but not that rule. 

Hey, I did not know about revived monsters!? I indeed heard the last monster, but thought I was okay anyways... Ok, I'll redo it later. Thanks for taking the time to review it!

But... but... from Doom Wiki "UV max is a Compet-n speedrunning category. The objective is to finish the level as quickly as possible on Ultra-Violence, killing every monster at least once, except lost souls, and with 100% secrets."

"...killing every monster at least once"?

"at least once" implies that you may kill it two, three, four times or more if it gets revived by an AV :)

the wording is not very good

max/tyson means no enemy should be left alive when you exit

the only grey area is maps with spawners and AVs - best to just not play those maps :p

'Miscellaneous demos 3: Anything you can't place elsewhere goes here. Consider creating new threads for new/unlisted megawads instead of posting here.' 

- Quoted from dew :P

Considering it's a wad by cannonball, I'd say create a new thread without hesistation as he's an exceptional mapper, but it's also recommended as it may garner interest from other runners rather then get lost in the miscellaneous thread, and it would look awkward if you intend to upload several demos for a megawad which doesn't have it's own thread yet.

Yeah, fine, but he hasn't exactly completed it, hasn't he? It's a sort of BTSX(-E2) situation, I feel.

I'll just make the thread for the time being. Thanks for the insight!

Edited by Poncho