Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dew

Miscellaneous demos (part 3) [please post in part 4 instead]

On 3/22/2018 at 5:17 AM, Poncho said:

Map04 UV-Max of Mutiny in 19:44

Well done Poncho! That was one hell of a marathon from start to finish. Not a lot of scope for major infighting on that map so you have to kill a lot of enemies yourself. You nearly came unstuck with that one archvile that got you down to 21% but you recovered nicely.

41 minutes ago, tmorrow said:

Well done Poncho! That was one hell of a marathon from start to finish. Not a lot of scope for major infighting on that map so you have to kill a lot of enemies yourself. You nearly came unstuck with that one archvile that got you down to 21% but you recovered nicely.

Thank you very much!

And yes, I was proper surprised that that one Arch-Vile got me; I thought I got into cover. Guess not. :(

1 hour ago, GuyNamedErick said:

(Plutonia 4)

Oh god, I thought it is a joke WAD or something. Then I actually looked into it, it has some serious $h!t inside...

Just a general UV-max question: If a map contains optional fights with enemies that are not counted in stats before they spawn in, is it still maxed out if I skip these fights? An issue I only encountered in GZDoom anyways. Thanks.

56 minutes ago, wintertowns said:

If a map contains optional fights with enemies that are not counted in stats before they spawn in, is it still maxed out if I skip these fights?

My guess is it would be best to trigger those fights, regardless if they're optional or not. True, you would still be credited for 100% Kills if you skipped, but say if another speedrunner did partake in those battles, the end time would be vastly different to your one. Plus, I would like to think it would then be considered a true UV-Max. It's what I would do anyway.

I also have a question, albeit different: there is a thread for Doom 2 In Name Only, and it only recently came to my attention that there exists a Map34. I tried playing it, but there's some sort of bug which prevents you from finishing.

So... is there any way to beat the map without editing it in a mapbuilder? And even if I, with my primitive knowledge of Doombuilder (2), managed to fix it and beat the map, would the map work for everyone else?

Helping the Tyson crowd fill important wads :^).

This SUXX!

Map 02 Tyson in 3:01 (not a filler, but I decided I'd do it anyway).

04 in 3:03.

05 in 2:59.

08 in 2:25.

09 in 0:49.

10 in 1:31.

11 in 0:53.

13 in 0:37.

14 in 0:33.

18 in 4:27. (Also Reality)

20 in 1:14.

21 in 2:56.

22 in 2:45.

27 in 0:13.

29 in 0:11.

31 in 0:23.

Maps where max = Tyson: 1, 3, 19, 23, 30

Maps where Tyson is easy but too tedious: 17

Maps where Tyson is feasible but too hard for me to bother: 24, 26

Maps where Tyson is seemingly impossible: 25

The rest seem either too hard to do humanly, some haven't even been maxed.

Also meme bonus!

01 Stroller no inputs in 0:03.69.

01 ITYTD-Speed in 0:07.37.

ts_tyson.zip

Edited by 4shockblast

On 16.04.2018 at 10:27 PM, JudgeDeadd said:

MAP02 UV Speed 0:29

99ways02-029.zip

Thanks for 99ways demos! Unfortunately, this .zip has only the text file inside but no demo

That map might be updated, because it turns out to be quite easy to linedef skip the various teleporters in casual play by straferunning (alerting @Scotty so he is aware of this) and get softlocked. We had a discussion in Discord with Marcaek about that.

Edited by rdwpa

10 minutes ago, rdwpa said:

That map might be updated, because it turns out to be quite easy to linedef skip the various teleporters in casual play by straferunning (alerting @Scotty so he is aware of this) and get softlocked. We had a discussion in Discord with Marcaek about that.

So thats how you trigger it! I was gonna report the same thing :P Also how about the big HOM on 25?