Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dew

Miscellaneous demos (part 3) [please post in part 4 instead]

22 hours ago, Altima said:

So uh, I got this thing here. Pretty sure it's optimal. Only took like 5 years off and on. This breaks the 4-way 5-year tie.

Bad Dreams (teeth.wad)
Map32
UV Max in 1:05 (te32-105)

Then there's this less significant thing that I did before I did the above one for the same map.
Tyson in 1:06 (te32t106)

te32-105.zip

te32t106.zip

holy crap - welcome back...?

17 hours ago, rehelekretep said:

holy crap - welcome back...?

Thank you. I mean, I never really went anywhere? Just my priorities shifted a bit away from Doom speedrunning. <3

I should remind those of you table-filling maxtables from Zero-Master's list are neglecting more important undone tablefills:

This SUXX map 10 pacifist in 0:22.

Map 12 pacifist in 0:07.

Map 15 pacifist in 0:08.

Map 16 pacifist in 0:08.

Map 17 Tyson in 31:21.

Map 23 pacifist in 0:15.

Map 27 pacifist in 0:29.

I guess map 20 and 31 are still possible to pacifist, but not doing either at this time. 1 has UV-Speed only because it is identical to pacifist. 17, 18, 25, 32 are presumably impossible?

ts10p022.zip

ts12p783.zip

ts15p894.zip

ts16p889.zip

ts17t3121.zip

ts23p015.zip

ts27p029.zip

Edited by 4shockblast

4 hours ago, elmle said:

Important tablefilling huh.

That's what I'm talking about.

Some more demos:

Map 23 pacifist (?) max in 0:53. I push a voodoo doll over a linedef to trigger a crusher, is that pacifist or does it fall under the general crusher rule?

Map 24 Tyson in 2:23.

Map 31 pacifist in 0:15.

ts23i053.zip

ts24t223.zip

ts31p015.zip

2 hours ago, 4shockblast said:

I push a voodoo doll over a linedef to trigger a crusher, is that pacifist or does it fall under the general crusher rule?

I'd view this as the same as the player triggering the crusher directly.

But if a monster pushes a voodoo doll, or the player, over the relevant linedef, I'd consider that valid for Pacifist. Here's one in 0:52.

ts23pm52.zip

I'm actually not 100% sure if I didn't make a slight forward movement at the same time as the revenant punched me over the line, so the zip also contains a clearly valid one in 0:53. There's also a straight UV Pacifist in 0:14, which I happened to get while attempting this. I wasn't going for that at all, but one should never throw away a 1-second improvement over a clearly hard-worked world record. :p

ts23p014.zip

Go on, try for 0:13, I dare ya.

Perhaps the Pacifist Max could be done in one cycle of the crusher if the monsters really kick the crap out of each other. But if the spider gets stuck (with revs punching it), Romero tends to need two cycles even if the spider drops in one.

1 hour ago, Grazza said:

But if a monster pushes a voodoo doll, or the player, over the relevant linedef, I'd consider that valid for Pacifist. Here's one in 0:52.

That's a fair point, I guess that could solve the e4m2 issue of the cyber telefrag if a run just stood next to the tele and used that for the telefrag (naturally, this isn't really that relevant anymore because of the zero press).

One more because why not.

thissuxx episode 1 pacifist in 1:03.

Other eps or D2ALL are probably impossible.

tse1p103.zip

A voodoo doll is a map-placed object that's different from any other only because of a few pecularities. As such I agree that if a monster hits it and as a consequence monsters get hurt/killed that's not breaking the pacifist rules and spirit.

However, a monster pushing the player to activate a line... now that's some slippery slope. Uh, if you're just going to lure a monster so it can push you, stand in front of a teleporting line and wait and act like that was not an intentional telefrag... why not just allow telefrags in the first place and have a watchable demo instead of one where half of it is waiting for a monster to come to you.

I thought about creating a thread for Struggle: Antaresian Legacy, but I decided we should hold off until it's properly released.

Here's a UV-max of MAP30 in 0:40 of Struggle-RC2!

strgrc2-30-040.lmp

PRBoom+ 2.5.1.5, complevel 2

A little extra time is spent on the intermission screen, but I was struck with disbelief at getting such a good time.

A few for H2H-XMAS.

h2h01-115-max-AC - MAP01 UV-max in 1:15

h2h01-151-tyson-AC - MAP01 UV-tyson in 1:51

h2h02-400-max-AC - MAP02 UV-max in 4:00

h2h17-1210-100S-AC - MAP17 UV-casual in 12:10. Should've been a max, but four monsters apparently dropped off the map.

h2h20-534-max-AC - MAP20 UV-max in 5:34

I'm not particularly good at it, but I enjoy it all the same. I might do a few more for this wad before going to a better one.

Doom II In Name Only.

d2ino31-1731-casual-AC - MAP31 UV-casual in 17:31. Missed one monster.

Edited by Aquila Chrysaetos

UAC Earth Base

Map 01 UV Speed

We did a one hour challenge in the discord for this IL (participants had one hour to get the best time they could). Here are the results:

-----------------------------------------
| # | player      | time | zip          |
| 1 | ancalagon   | 0:53 | uace-053.zip |
| 2 | archi       | 0:56 | uace-056.zip |
| 3 | 4shockblast | 0:58 | uace-058.zip |
| 4 | clumsyd     | 1:02 | uace-102.zip |
| 5 | kraflab     | 1:12 | uace-112.zip |
| 6 | Bob9001     | 1:30 | uace-130.zip |

chal1.zip

MAULHI2 by Jason Franklin

UV Pacifist in 0:25

We don't need no stinkin' weapons. We don't need no use of force. Hey marine! Leave that imp alone. All in all it's just another press on the wall.

maulp025.zip