Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dew

Miscellaneous demos (part 3) [please post in part 4 instead]

NiteLife by Tom Farmer

Map05 UV Pacifist/Speed in 0:06

Just a one-second improvement, but it took an absurd number of attempts and features a few route modifications. Thanks to the revenant for following the plan to perfection.

NiteLife by Tom Farmer

Map06 UV Pacifist in 1:37

Kind of a sketchy first exit, but I'm not sure I'll try to improve it, as it's the sort of demo that will always be messy. I really like the route idea though: archie jump to get to the exit via a packed monster closet (for which we have a switch to empty to some extent). I thought of using this route for NM, but it would have meant collecting plasma and ammo and would have been slower than the route I did use. It could certainly be used for Max, as you could slaughter the monsters in their closet by unloading the plasma gun onto them (and there would be good infighting too).

10 hours ago, Revved said:

There's a mandator rocket jump on E1M6

It's not a mandatory jump in fact. The third internal demo in kneedeep.wad shows the puzzle being solved (plays back OK in Prboom-plus - always nice when the 1.2 emulation works, as a fair amount of work went into it!). Solving the puzzle might require Doom.exe 1.2 (-complevel 0) behaviour - I'm not sure. Warning: it is the world's worst demo otherwise, so watch at your own risk. :p

N_A played this map (with -complevel 3) and got over that gap with just a straferun. Probably there was at least a node rebuild, as that demo doesn't play back with the version of the map that was used in kneedeep.wad. But I think the geometry is identical.

Edited by Grazza

MINDBLOODGENESIS (v1.0) by the Doomer Boards Community

Map05 (Meteor Storm):

NM Speed in 0:02

NM Pacifist in 0:03

UV Stroller in 0:05

0:02 looks like it should be easy, but it wasn't. Not an archie jump - I couldn't get better than 0:03 using archie (as in the Pacifist). All three demos are different conceptually.

Chex Quest 2 E1M1 in 0:15.

Not really that impressive, but I thought the movement was smooth and it was a lower 15 than I usually get (15.4 vs 15.7-ish normally)

cq2_01_1540.zip

EDIT: Wow, just got a 14! After trying for about 20 minutes, I got a 14.94, and I think 14 is the fastest humanly possible time.

cq2_01_1494.zip

Edited by RadicalMacaroni