Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dew

Miscellaneous demos (part 3) [please post in part 4 instead]

As promised, here are the final three UV-Max demos for war_3. I really wanted to push through them, hence the small interval between this and my last post. The only level that lacks a UV-Max is MAP31, as it is impossible to kill everything with such little ammo. I will now try to tackle other categories for the maps, and see what can be done.

Map 27 UV-Max in 12:15 - wa327-1215.zip

Map 28 UV-Max in 11:06 - wa328-1106.zip

Map 29 UV-Max in 5:13 - wa329-513.zip

2 minutes ago, Nine Inch Heels said:

Simple. TAS was bad, runner was better.

Even with normal run you cant beat easy TAS (except he found better way to save time)

Just now, CrazyDoomguy said:

Even with normal run you cant beat TAS (except he found better way to save time)

TAS is only unbeatable if it's optimal. Your TASes are not optimal, they're spliced runs with questionable routing.

54 minutes ago, CrazyDoomguy said:

Wtf how you faster than TAS :O

On dimensions too

Your routing is often slow in complex maps. Compare the piecemeal approach in your Flotsam 03 to the human record. Even in the bilinear map Dimensions 31, you spend more time than needed before entering the final arena, where the humans get right to the chase. Your TASes tend to be their speediest when you can use saves/loads to pursue maniacally aggressive play that a human wouldn't even try. But when you don't, the routing of the human players often allows them faster times.

The holes extend past routing though. Your TASes don't optimize individual shots (like a built TAS or a hard-worked segmented TAS would) and sometimes even waste them, so -- when you're not unlocking hyperaggressive strategies the humans can't use -- you're often hitting the same bottlenecks the humans would, dealing roughly the same DPS, and usually not saving time over them.

1 hour ago, rdwpa said:

Your routing is often slow in complex maps. Compare the piecemeal approach in your Flotsam 03 to the human record. Even in the bilinear map Dimensions 31, you spend more time than needed before entering the final arena, where the humans get right to the chase. Your TASes tend to be their speediest when you can use saves/loads to pursue maniacally aggressive play that a human wouldn't even try. But when you don't, the routing of the human players often allows them faster times.

The holes extend past routing though. Your TASes don't optimize individual shots (like a built TAS or a hard-worked segmented TAS would) and sometimes even waste them, so -- when you're not unlocking hyperaggressive strategies the humans can't use -- you're often hitting the same bottlenecks the humans would, dealing roughly the same DPS, and usually not saving time over them.

The people have probably watched my videos and found faster way to finish map example flotsam 3 (I waited and tried save ammos (I thought there no enought ammos) but Dubzzz is more self-confident). He did just better way of walk or I have do bad test and analyze.

What is a routing? Is a movement with 45 angle? Walk strategy?

Individuals shot? I readed that TAS can set up, that shoting do maximum damage. But I prefer real way

On 1/13/2020 at 10:10 AM, CrazyDoomguy said:

What is a routing? Is a movement with 45 angle? Walk strategy?

Individuals shot? I readed that TAS can set up, that shoting do maximum damage. But I prefer real way

Now I can see why you made interesting questions previously... That means your approach to the maps isn't well planned.

BTW, if you prefer the "real" way that no RNG manip or something, then you shouldn't be surprised that somebody is quicker than you because basically you save/load in your runs rather than actually having optimized them.

19 hours ago, GarrettChan said:

Now I can see why you made interesting questions previously... That means your approach to the maps isn't well planned.

BTW, if you prefer the "real" way that no RNG manip or something, then you shouldn't be surprised that somebody is quicker than you because basically you save/load in your runs rather than actually having optimized them.

Its ok. I did walk on first and another players want be faster than me because they know my time. If I was second player, I would try run faster than first player. Is normal

Did a big demopack this month, since I randomly landed on njdoom2, so I decided to beat ALL runs that were there. Took quite some time, but some runs are actually much better now (well, all of them tbh). Also added few runs that weren't there. So overall that's all maps MAXed, all maps Speeded/Pacifisted(where could) (and both speed/pacifist in few cases). 2 NM Speeds and 2 tysons. 
I still owe Dubzzz map 20 tyson as he rolled that run for me, but otherwise, here's stuff. Massive demo unhoarding. 
Comments are in archives.

Sorry, Bob.

njd2MAX.zip

njd2Other.zip

njd2_Speed_Pacifist.zip