Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dew

Miscellaneous demos (part 3)

I have 3 demos ready to be published. They are levels 2 and 3 from Cryogenics and level 31 from Dimensions. All were done non-TAS. None of the levels in Cryogenics had a name.

Cryogenics level 2: UV Max, 13:40

Cryogenics level 3: UV MAX, 50:03

Dimensions level 31 ("Schools Out for Summer"): UV Max, 4:34

0Cryogenics02.zip

0Cryogenics03.zip

0dmnsns31.zip

Edited by mArt1And00m3r11339

I can now post demos myself.

Here's a re-redo of Mutiny Map31, UV-Max in 8:42. Yeah, I know, I've done it twice before, but both runs were shit.

my31-842.zip

Death Tormention 2, E4M8 (The Last Hust by Paul Corfiatis), UV Max in 2:23

Nothing to watch here. I just happened to read kmxexii's review mentioning BFG and invulnerabity... which were not used in current Max demos. Also, an even sillier bonus E2M9 UV Max in 0:17

pe4_dt2_demos.zip

On 1/6/2019 at 1:09 AM, Philnemba said:

Congestion 192

Map 29 UV max reality in 0:06

Port: zdoom 2.8.1

Only reason I recorded using zdoom instead of pr-boom is because of line errors in map which prevents pr-boom from recording.

c9229-006.zip

Did you try the following syntax? I would recommend -complevel 17 because you can experience a lot of cool stuff, such as voodoos.

glboom-plus -iwad IWADName -file WADName -complevel ## -warp ## -record DemoName  -skill #

20 minutes ago, mArt1And00m3r11339 said:

Did you try the following syntax? I would recommend -complevel 17 because you can experience a lot of cool stuff, such as voodoos.

glboom-plus -iwad IWADName -file WADName -complevel ## -warp ## -record DemoName  -skill #

Complevel SEVENTEEN??? I thought you could only go up to 11. Or is it a ZDoom thing?

Do keep in mind that those demos wouldn't be in the same categories as cl2 or cl9 demos.  They might not account for anything at all unless these obscure complevels suddenly become competitive.

On 1/10/2019 at 5:46 PM, mArt1And00m3r11339 said:

This has cross my mind but I don't see any benefits with using complevel 17 since complevel 9 has been the popular main recording way of demo recording Boom compatible wads unless its made specifically for complevel 17.

3 hours ago, Philnemba said:

This has cross my mind but I don't see any benefits with using complevel 17 since complevel 9 has been the popular main recording way of demo recording Boom compatible wads unless its made specifically for complevel 17.

The reason why I brought it up was because @antares031 tried my Eyeball level (the one with 29K enemies) and he could not proceed when using -complevel 9 because of the voodoo. I suggested to him that he uses -complevel 17 and according to him, it remedied his issue. I mentioned his name so that if you disagree with me on that, he can back me up.

Zodiac dump - You're gonna need this patch for the demos to work properly: ZodiacFix2.zip

Map 12 UV-Max in 8:54 - zd12-854.zip

Map 23 UV-Max in 12:21 - zd23-1221.zip

Map 24 UV-Max in 13:58 - zd24-1358.zip

Map 25 UV-Max in 12:47 - zd25-1247.zip

Map 26 UV-Max in 11:09 - zd26-1109.zip

Map 27 UV-Max in 18:23 - zd27-1823.zip

Map 29 UV-Max in 28:50 - zd29-2850.zip

Map 31 UV-Max in 19:48 - zd31-1948.zip

Map 23 plays back fine with just the original wad, the rest do need the fix.

Most effort goes to map 31 clocking in at about 11 hours and four finished runs, I was only hoping to get like a 22 minute time but luckily ended up with a sub 20.

Second most effort goes to map 27 or 29 with four plus hours each, both are a bit of a doozy.

Fragport MAP20 (Spaceport) UV Max in 7:51

As a side note, I was complaining about ZDoom/Legacy demos in the demo pack and the effort with downloading the necessary versions in order to watch the demos. However, I wanted to watch the MAP32 demo so badly, that I shut up myself and downloaded the suitable Legacy version. It was worth it! The demo is cool, and has some text commentary from the player's perspective.

fr20-751.zip

Hell on Earth: Super Tiny Edition by Philnemba

D2ALL UV-Max in 11:29 - hoe64all-1129.zip

23 hours ago, vdgg said:

No damage taken between 6:30 and 7:00, and with tons of fast imp fireballs that's an achievement! It's a very nice final area, too.

I didn't noticed that while I was moving around to not take any bites hahah. Well thanks! And yes, pretty nice area to end the map with.