Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dew

Miscellaneous demos (part 3) [please post in part 4 instead]

^ After this, I guess my demo should be skipped from being uploaded to DSDA.

Edited by Maya Amano

1 hour ago, Maya Amano said:

^ After this, I guess my demo should be skipped from being uploaded to DSDA.

Usually, slower demos don't get skipped. Preserving history is good. :)

Outpost2 UVMAX in 0:45. Outpost2m45.zip (Already obsolete, faster time couple comments further down)

First day of speedrunning literally anything, don't be too harsh :D Randomly picked fast IL from directory and spent couple hours getting a feel of how things should be done. 

Probably messed something up with the files / port etc., but instant feedback is effective teaching method.  

Edited by Obscursed : Uploaded better run below

Running Late

Map01 UV-Pacifist in 0:48 - rl01p048.zip

Map03 UV-Pacifist in 2:59 - rl03p259.zip

outpost2 UV-Pacifist in 0:15 - outpostp015.zip

@Obscursed You did good, only one small thing: it's preferred that time indication in the filenames is at least three digits, so you'd rather submit it as "Outpost2m045.zip", with the inside files also matching. For sub-10 second times, you'd add the decimal digits instead of ie: "009". outpost2 also has a previously established naming convention, just "outpost" in the file name rather than "Outpost2", but it's so minor that I don't think it's an issue.

On 10/2/2021 at 4:52 AM, Obscursed said:

Outpost2 UV-Max in 0:43.  outpostm043.zip

Tab UV-Max in 1:00 tabm100.zip

Couple more seconds off from Outpost2.

Hey, welcome, looks like you have switched to DSDA-Doom (good port choice :), but it seems like you aren't passing the complevel arg, so your demos are in incompatible compatibilities. Do you want these demos uploaded or would you prefer redoing them? Both of them should be run in -complevel 2. You can usually find out which complevel is required for a WAD by checking its textfile, although it's a good idea to check with people who ran the WAD before to see if there are gameplay-breaking bugs in the intended compat and/or play through the WAD first in the intended compat before using it.

On 10/2/2021 at 11:34 AM, pooplord said:

fffart01 

uvmax 4:40.31 

fun map 

fffart01-440.zip

Hey, FYI, there happens to be a thread for the fffart series wads. :) https://www.doomworld.com/forum/topic/53786-fffart-demos-boom-complevel-9/

8 hours ago, 4shockblast said:
On 10/2/2021 at 12:52 PM, Obscursed said:

Outpost2 UV-Max in 0:43.  outpostm043.zip

Tab UV-Max in 1:00 tabm100.zip

Couple more seconds off from Outpost2.

Hey, welcome, looks like you have switched to DSDA-Doom (good port choice :), but it seems like you aren't passing the complevel arg, so your demos are in incompatible compatibilities. Do you want these demos uploaded or would you prefer redoing them? Both of them should be run in -complevel 2. You can usually find out which complevel is required for a WAD by checking its textfile, although it's a good idea to check with people who ran the WAD before to see if there are gameplay-breaking bugs in the intended compat and/or play through the WAD first in the intended compat before using it.

I had some problems with DSDA-Doom first so I started running with Crispy Doom, later got things sorted out so I changed into this :P

Didn't see complevel requirements in WAD textfiles (expect that they were done for Doom 2), so I just played them with DOOM2.WAD as a "base file"/IWAD (or whatever you call that :D). I ran both demos with -complevel 2 parameter and they seemed to be working properly, so yeah, those can be uploaded if it's possible. 

I'm probably taking a couple more shots on sub one minute in Tab, but too many variables where I can fail :D

2 hours ago, Obscursed said:

I had some problems with DSDA-Doom first so I started running with Crispy Doom, later got things sorted out so I changed into this :P

Didn't see complevel requirements in WAD textfiles (expect that they were done for Doom 2), so I just played them with DOOM2.WAD as a "base file"/IWAD (or whatever you call that :D). I ran both demos with -complevel 2 parameter and they seemed to be working properly, so yeah, those can be uploaded if it's possible. 

I'm probably taking a couple more shots on sub one minute in Tab, but too many variables where I can fail :D

FYI, since you recorded in MBF21 (default compat in DSDA-Doom), you cannot force complevel on playback. :P There's basically no way anything other than most nomo runs and the most trivial speeds would play back in MBF21/cl9/cl11/etc. and cl2 since the changes extend to just the RNG of the map, so likely, if your demos were switched to cl2, they would desync.

13 hours ago, 4shockblast said:

Hey, FYI, there happens to be a thread for the fffart series wads. :) https://www.doomworld.com/forum/topic/53786-fffart-demos-boom-complevel-9/

ty, sorry, i was lazy and should have searched for it , i tried searching for "demos for gggmork maps" and didnt find one(maybe there is and i didnt search enough) then i it posted here

guess there is no point in spaming in misc demos ;)

19 minutes ago, pooplord said:

ty, sorry, i was lazy and should have searched for it , i tried searching for "demos for gggmork maps" and didnt find one(maybe there is and i didnt search enough) then i it posted here

guess there is no point in spaming in misc demos ;)

I'm not aware of a gggmork specific thread either. It's possible it exists, but if it doesn't and you record runs outside of the fffart series, feel free to create one. :)

17 minutes ago, 4shockblast said:

I'm not aware of a gggmork specific thread either. It's possible it exists, but if it doesn't and you record runs outside of the fffart series, feel free to create one. :)

The fffart thread is linked in the "Where should your demo go?" thread as where to submit any demos for gggmork wads. Perhaps creating a new thread is less confusing than using that one for demos not for fffart though.

Just now, Andromeda said:

The fffart thread is linked in the "Where should your demo go?" thread as where to submit any demos for gggmork wads. Perhaps creating a new thread is less confusing than using that one for demos not for fffart though.

Really? Hmm, I think it should probably be renamed, then. I guess dew should be able to do that. :)

Tab UV-Max in 0:59 tab1m-059.zip

Tab2 UV-Max in 1:22 tab2m-122.zip

6 hours ago, 4shockblast said:

FYI, since you recorded in MBF21 (default compat in DSDA-Doom), you cannot force complevel on playback. :P There's basically no way anything other than most nomo runs and the most trivial speeds would play back in MBF21/cl9/cl11/etc. and cl2 since the changes extend to just the RNG of the map, so likely, if your demos were switched to cl2, they would desync.

Good to know, at least these should be on complevel 2 ^^

Edit: AND ONE MORE FOR TODAY:

The abandoned base UV-Pacifist in 0:42 cmp1p-042.zip (and I guess UV-speed too)

Don't know if I implemented -complevel 9 correctly, but WAD didn't have instructions, last runner used -complevel 9 yada yada yada... :D

Edited by Obscursed

illumi (final idgames release version, not that is currently at dsda)

m25:

UV Pacifist - 1:46

NoMo - 1:22

il25-146.zip

il25o122.zip

Btw this level is an epic adventure in fda-fast mode. If you didn't play this wad yet - try it! Be prepared for quite long journey, though - my cost me 1:45 with final time of 1:05 with 1 death.

Edited by Hitherto