Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dew

Miscellaneous demos (part 3)

REALM UV-Max in 3:58.
Pacifist in 0:12.

Through some research, I found that this wad was actually in WADPAK3 as E2M8, and the DSDA has two runs for it in WADPAK3 by Never_Again (an NM-Speed and UV -fast). N_A didn't notice this shortcut, though, which skips most of the map.

re10_shock.zip

A nice find! And it's good to see someone who knows how to do his homework.
I recall dying in the other slime trench at least once, the one you are supposed to jump into. This one is an obvious dead-end, so I never tried taking a dip there.
I bet if you go for a NM Pacifist on this map you won't need to bother with that barrel. ;>

Epic Map 01 UV-Speed in 53.91.
In the end of the demo, I accidentally spammed space, so I moved to Map 02. Can anyone help me by editing the demo so I don't move on to map 02? I could do this using XDRE, I dunno if it's considered TAS if I do that.
Also, this WAD barely has runs. I'm going to be a Table Filler and fill in tons of runs because I can.

ep01-053.zip

You may freely edit your demo after the point you accomplished something worth uploading. This question returns once in a while, I remember Looper's failed D2ALL run in 2011 which was nevertheless 1st episode record at the same time, so the demo was cut after MAP10 and showed to the public.

I've accidentally loaded next maps before, and always cut them out with -recordfromto, it doesn't matter at all, since you didn't tas the actual gameplay

Heh, I don't recommend running BTSX until it's actually out, though that'll take forever (damnit Essel!)

koren said:

crumpets.wad uv-max demos

map01 in 0:02

4shockblast said:

Crumpets Map 1 UV-Max in 0:01.66.

These are NoMo, not UV Max.

MD922 said:

Epic Map 01 UV-Speed in 53.91.
In the end of the demo, I accidentally spammed space, so I moved to Map 02. Can anyone help me by editing the demo so I don't move on to map 02?

Here you are. Added a couple of seconds to the intermission screen's duration as well.

ep01-053-edit.zip

Peyote UV-Max in 8:53.
UV-Speed in 1:36.
Nomo in 0:48.63.

Max gets only 99% kills because there's a caco in an outside area in the map that's unreachable as far as I know. I tried to hit the caco with rocket splash, but couldn't get it to work, so only way is to archvile jump to alert the caco (although falling into the outside area would not work either as it is not possible to leave as far as I could tell). Didn't want to bother with all of that. :D

peyt_shock.zip

GrumpyCat said:

Can be done faster without opening the door.

How? Hope that a spider plasma projectile goes through a wall for real? (like mancubus fireballs)

Memfis said:

How? Hope that a spider plasma projectile goes through a wall for real? (like mancubus fireballs)

Spider and player plasma can easily make splash damage through front wall.
But to detonate the barrels it must has low enough z coordinate - here is the problem.
Green triangle ground is too high =(
The reason why it worked in our runs is simple,
corridor floor is lower and spider's plasma hit the wall at lower position.
When both spider and player are on lower floor - it works 100%,
when spider is lower and player is higher but far enough - works too.
Check the test lmp.

otkutest.zip