Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
invictius

wads with trance/techno midis, or fast-paced maps

I occasionally get some sort of techno stuff going in music I make. Not exactly like the video you posted, it leans more towards Industrial for the most part. That's techno-y, sorta, maybe.

Industrial Rock / Techno

Tribal Techno

Industrial

Also Resurgence Intermission and Story themes are techno-ish.

That's all that I can think of, though x)

I'm always happy to pimp my own shit. Welcome to The Amiga Demo Party of Doom; http://www.doomworld.com/vb/wads-mods/67954-too-much-death-the-amiga-demo-party-of-doom-map01-beta/

I use a fast-paced techno MOD file from an Amiga demo. Almost all my upcoming maps use Amiga MODs, no MIDIs. This particular map requires cc4-tex.wad if you want to check it out. If so, you really won't have much choice except to play fast. ;)

Now I need to listen to some of this industrial by PRIMEVAL.

@PRIMEVAL
I really liked the last 3, with Reverie being the best, IMO. I like music that's creepy, horror-movie kinda stuff that contributes to a tense, suspenseful atmosphere. I also like music that's more on the beautiful side. I think your stuff really works that territory well.

These days, I'd prefer to map to a music track than to make a map and find a track that fits.

Are you prolific by any chance? ;)

PRIMEVAL said:Not exactly like the video you posted[/B]

What genre would you say it is? I'm very fussy with music, this is the original and I don't like it much at all (it will probably sound the same to you though)

Doomhuntress said:

I like the first one enough to want a midi of it. It would be a good map 1. Do you have any wads on idgames?

invictius said:

I like the first one enough to want a midi of it. It would be a good map 1. Do you have any wads on idgames?

no, i'm not a mapper. i haven't released any music WADs, either; the first track is used in the TNT: Revilution project, by the way.

PRIMEVAL said:

Are you coming on to me? I feel like this is some sort of pick up.

Could be. I have a lot of projects coming up, including a 3-map set that doesn't have any custom music yet even though the maps all exist. I like using MODs because I'm an Amiga guy and I love the sound quality, but these MODs were mostly made for demoscene prods, and if you're familiar with those, the sound is aggressive and not meant as game BGM, so I have to wade through tons of them to find anything suitable. And it's very very hard to find industrial, spooky, chillout or anything mid-tempo to slow from that scene, or for that matter the PC MOD scene, not to mention all the horrible My First MOD or even My 10th Crappy MOD tracks.

Anyway, the link I provided above is a good example of what I'm doing these days, though I have less extreme stuff as well in DWMP2013 and coming up in Switcheroom. Shoot me a PM if you're interested.

Doomhuntress said:

i tend to do have a lot of electronic influences in the music i make, though not all of it may be to your liking. you might enjoy these, though:

I really enjoyed these tracks, Doomhuntress. Nice mix of oldskool electronica -- if you don't hate that term -- with some newskool feel and some whiffs of industrial. No need to repeat what I said above to PRIMEVAL, except that I forgot to mention my Heat Miser map in MAYhem 2048 that uses a MOD track by Substance.

If you'd like to see the 3-map set that needs music, shoot me a PM.

SteveD said:

I really enjoyed these tracks, Doomhuntress. Nice mix of oldskool electronica -- if you don't hate that term -- with some newskool feel and some whiffs of industrial. No need to repeat what I said above to PRIMEVAL, except that I forgot to mention my Heat Miser map in MAYhem 2048 that uses a MOD track by Substance.

If you'd like to see the 3-map set that needs music, shoot me a PM.

i'd probably do it if my motivation wasn't so waning as of lately; i haven't produced any new tracks for a while. kind of hit a dry spill. i've been mostly sleeping the days away while plowing through Skyrim.

invictius said:

What genre would you say it is? I'm very fussy with music, this is the original and I don't like it much at all (it will probably sound the same to you though)

The first one I'd say is more trance-like while the original one is a typical dance / techno song that you'd hear on the mainstream radio. It's not my forte, I'm more familiar with Metal and Industrial styled music.

durian said:

Surprised no-one's mentioned this:

A nice acid-house sound.

DWANGO wads have a soundtrack that's in large part europop/techno MIDIs. Another large part is movie soundtrack MIDIs.

invictius said:

The first one you posted is "vocal trance", while the second one is a rather dancyish "electro house" track.