Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Optimus

How the f*** did I die? [in Brutal Doom]

Arghh, I was making a longplay with Brutal Doom, I feel so powerful with BFG and 256 health, then I try to kick that guy in the face and the next second I am down on the ground. Wtf? It's just hilarious to watch though :)

p.s. Also, in some other longplay, I die by teleporting. Normally I would always have a chance to telefrag a monster by teleporting, but it happened twice to die by teleporting. Maybe another monster was behind? But it was instant. Maybe a Brutal Doom bug.

It is a very brilliant bug where the player explodes upon kicking a downed zombie, how a bug like this skipped the "play testing" is beyond me.

mrthejoshmon said:

It is a very brilliant bug where the player explodes upon kicking a downed zombie, how a bug like this skipped the "play testing" is beyond me.

It's said "you shouldn't kick a man when he's down", I had no idea it also applied to zombies.

Optimus said:

p.s. Also, in some other longplay, I die by teleporting. Normally I would always have a chance to telefrag a monster by teleporting, but it happened twice to die by teleporting. Maybe another monster was behind? But it was instant. Maybe a Brutal Doom bug.

Reminds me of this happening to me during a recording session quite some time ago:

Wonderful nonsense we have to deal with, eh? It's another reason I am not a fanboy of the mod but more casual with its support and playing it.

think it didnt get play tested cause the creator told some kid to off himself and got banned from the zdoom forums or something like that

Glaice said:

Reminds me of this happening to me during a recording session quite some time ago:

Wonderful nonsense we have to deal with, eh? It's another reason I am not a fanboy of the mod but more casual with its support and playing it.

Why do i recognize that remix?

Good, more videos of it happening, haha.
Maybe it gets fixed now.
Or maybe I'll go play some classic doom. I miss classic doom, brutal doom has made me addicted.

KevinHEZ said:

Why do i recognize that remix?

It's track 14 of this album.

Edit: Wait, nevermind. I thought you meant the video in the OP. I've never heard the one in Glaice's video.