Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CeeJay

Wolfenstein 3DGE (version 1.1 now available)

No, 3DGE and Hyper3DGE are the same thing. (Hyper)3DGE is the succesor to EDGE.

So EDGE and 3DGE are two different things, sort of but Hyper3DGE is just the original longer name for 3DGE.

EDIT: From what I understand anyways.

Yep - 3DGE and Hyper3DGE are the same things (also referred to sometimes as EDGE2). The Hyper prefix was born from my Hypertension game initially - I just shorten it now.

The way I see it - along with Zdoom and ilk, 3DGE is the only other port to rival the possibilites offered through modding, as its always been. At least, they are the two most popular ones.

Chu said:

Yep - 3DGE and Hyper3DGE are the same things (also referred to sometimes as EDGE2). The Hyper prefix was born from my Hypertension game initially - I just shorten it now.

...else we could end up calling it HyperSLaVEandwhateverotherFPSJayexteemakesinthefutur3DGE. And, you know, that's silly.

Jimp Argon said:

So how soon is this update going to be coming along? Like a few days soon or weeks?

Wish I could answer that but I can't. The bulk of what I initially set out to do is finished, but I am investigating the possibilities of sliding doors. If anything along those lines were to happen, next update will certainly take much longer to get finished. My lack in mapping skills is a key factor here.

Updated. Better sprites for those so-called Pac-Man ghosts (sure, they look more textured and three dimensional in the port versions but they looked nothing like the original ones from Pac-Man), replaced the purple wall(s) (E1M10) lots of fixes to enemy behaviour, in particular the way pain and death are handled.

Head on over to the moddb page and check it out!

Oh wow! I'm just discovering this. Played a little bit and it's really good. It's very faithful to the feel of the original with lots of nice enhancements that improve the way it plays to give it a more modern gaming style without ruining the old-school experience. Lots of nice subtle tweaks here and there without messing with the stuff that shouldn't be messed with. A very nice balance.

It's also a really nice demonstration of what 3DGE can do too. It's good for the port to get a big project.

Enjay said:

Oh wow! I'm just discovering this. Played a little bit and it's really good. It's very faithful to the feel of the original with lots of nice enhancements that improve the way it plays to give it a more modern gaming style without ruining the old-school experience. Lots of nice subtle tweaks here and there without messing with the stuff that shouldn't be messed with. A very nice balance.

It's also a really nice demonstration of what 3DGE can do too. It's good for the port to get a big project.

Thank you, those were some kind words.

And yet this isn't the most technologically sophisticated mod I've done for the engine. That award goes to Duke it Out in DOOM, which features stuff I can't even remember how the hell I did. If you were to ask me to re-code the pipebombs from scratch I would probably fail.

Updated (the other day).

Now taking advantage of the newly supported archive format (EPK aka PK3 aka ZIP), which mean it'll require absolute latest version of 3DGE available at the moment. Along with this, there is also many changes, including fixes, throughout. I am quite pleased with how it turned out, even if it did take a little too long to convert and make work under the new format.

Some technical stuff: Enemies do more damage up close and on higher skill levels while you do more damage from behind. A knife to the back usually results in insta-kill, while still also being silent. Making the knife actually more useful.

Head on over and grab a copy: http://www.moddb.com/mods/wolfenstein-3dge/downloads

Get Psyched!

Whew! Updated once again. Fixed a lot of slopy typos, errors and whatnot along with numerous changes and additions. All while also working on two seperate addon patches to go along with the base mod. These change things around to more accurately simulate the Atari Jaguar port and the Apple Macintosh port of Wolfenstein 3D, repectively.

Atari Jaguar port patch preview
G7yXQBW.png

Apple Macintosh port patch preview
OKPm4Hh.png

DOWNLOADS: http://www.moddb.com/mods/wolfenstein-3dge/downloads

Still, no sliding doors and no actual pushwalls.

Edited by CeeJay

New version coming soon...

E1F1

E5F2

Featuring, among other things, Wolf3D-esque sliding doors

Edited by CeeJay