Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
flu1d

doom3 banner @ e3

BAH FAH GAH MEH!!!! I freaking hate it HATE IT HATE IT!
Man, I wanted something that doesn't take 10 minutes to make in photoshop!

I'm doing it. It takes more than just 10 minutes to remake. Stop whining and try.

Zaldron said:

I'm doing it. It takes more than just 10 minutes to remake. Stop whining and try.

It's 1AM and I got a bunch of tests tomorrow, I'm going to bed. But you could remake that in 10 minutes and have it look closely the same. Just grab the outlines of the original doom logo, free transform them to make them look like in the pic, get the outline looking nice and shiny, new layer below the outline, select the insides, make a cirular selection, fill it with a black/red grdient, inverse selection, fill it with a blue/yellowish one, and blah blah blah, you get the picture (literely [sp?]).

orion said:

Man, I wanted something that doesn't take 10 minutes to make in photoshop!

It may take 10 minutes to reproduce, but the design in the first place obviously took at least a few weeks.

I think it's great - the classic DOOM logo with more hellish colours inside the letters.
It may not be original to reuse the old logo, but at least it makes the game recognizable with Doom, if they had used a new logo it could just as well have given it a feel of being a "new franchise" instead of an actual sequel to the games we all love (remake or a story unrelated to the old Doom games).

If they had used an entirely new logo, they would of had to at least make it look similar to the old logos to make it recognizable with the Doom franchise.

Ok, I may just be babbling some shit.
This logo is by far the coolest looking DOOM logo to date if you ask me.

I'm assuming the red thing is the surface of Mars. In any event, I love the new logo. Yeah.

That, or the surface of Hell - it appears to me that I see fire shrouding the surface.

Mwah, I'm not really impressed by the logo, but i'm by the game.

And "coming in 2003" is more clear then "when it's done". Christmas 2003, spring 2003 or coming in 2003 but released in 2004.

By the way, at the bottum of the "poster" we see.

right: Activision
Middle: Id
Left: ?????

id usually releases at Christmas time, but Christmas 2003? I thought the game was almost done?

Tetzlaff said:

id usually releases at Christmas time, but Christmas 2003? I thought the game was almost done?

Who cares? As long as it gets released...

That was your 666th post by the way...

Tetzlaff said:

No one ever hinted anything about that.

mmnpsrsoskl said:

Who cares? As long as it gets released...

That was your 666th post by the way...

Scary :-/

Well, I had the impression from various interviews or forum quotes, that the main stuff is done. Absolutely no hints about the development status?

Zaldron said:

Not fire, but the light brown/pink dusty atmosphere of mars.

We can't really tell can we? This is not a high resolution pic of the Doom 3 logo only a picture taken some feet away from the poster.
You could of course be right about the orange "glow" being the dusty atmosphere of Mars, but it could just as well be Hell as Hell is the main theme of Doom (the game's all about this infernal Hell-like dimension).

And about the pic being something "which could be done in about ten minutes", I think it's silly to make such a judgement as, like I said above, it's just a photograph of the poster taken from a certain distance away - it doesn't reveal all the damn details.

it`s 2003,it doesn`t mean christmas 2003 (i don`t mind even if it will be)
Q3A was supposed to be releasd early than X`mas.

the new logo-they get rid of the circuit texture,added metalic grey and red color.the red color curve can be assumed as Mars,yellow color is the horizon line,and dark blue color is the sky.(just my imagination,i don`t know what the color of the sky on Mars)

That's no fire. That would need way more contrast, besides even if it's a small shot it's obvious that the orange stripe is pretty much uniform.

My god, why am I even discussing this.

Heh, this logo kinda reminds me of the Wolfenstein 3d logo (in the title screen) now that I think about it.

Dude, my guess is that it is the surface of Mars, like someone already said that is what it looked like...