Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jaxxoon R

*Completed* WOOO Series Playthrough

Lols, good job getting through map32. The song there is "Hare hare hare hare hare hare" by Reizoko Cj, an Ukrainian breakcore artist. He is currently in a really bad situation due to the war, he doesn't even have a house to return to. :\

Such a shame... I don't even know what say.

Looking at the video, it was a pretty damn crazy (in a good way) musical style he was going on with. That Hare Hare Hare Hare Hare song added to the map so much.

I'm of the belief that Dubstep/Breakcore are probably the best genres of music for creating a "holy shit there are things happening oh no what the hell" atmosphere.

In fact looking back, it all kind of reminds me of Club Doom :)

RIP Jaxxoon R, WOOO'ed too hard.

Now do WOOO 2. That is not a request, it is an obligation as the epic saga must be finished or the entire planet may just become a cube (Think of the children Jaxxoon, think of the children!)

Well, you can expect my disposition and tone in the last video to carry consistently through, just with less... uh... reacting to things slightly before they actually happen.

WLMM has a problem with video lag and I accidentally over-corrected it.

I was so excited to see your reactions, Jaxxoon R, but I must say I am extremely disappointed. You skipped out on ALL three of my maps!

All of them are beatable, including Liebrary (you kept running passed the blue key. It was near the middle of the weird room with the wooden latch textures.)

You barely played any of House of Fury, which is super disappointing, because that level has some truly devilish designs (just ask Jimmy.)

But worst of all, you missed the the spectral, fire-spewing, tele-zooming dogs in Simply Dead!

I don't like to complain, and I know that you were tired and bored during the latter end of the playthrough, which is understandable. But you could have at least cheated to get through some of the maps. Giving yourself the blue key in Liebrary, for example, would have brought you to the final (and most interesting and entertaining) part of that level.

Even so, thank you for playing the megawad, and for adding voice commentary! Have a great day, and God bless! :D

Edit: I DARE you to beat my Wooo2 level without cheating. It is more than doable, but oh, I would love to hear your reactions to it! ;)

Sorry mate, I'll make extra sure to give it the full 120% this next time around. Glad you liked the videos anyway, though!

Craz Nessie is it? Sounds pretty legite.

mrthejoshmon said:

Half-Life WOOO 3 confirmed?

WOOO 3 CONFIRMED, SPENT ALL MY PAYCHEX ON THE PRE ORDER.

Hey mrthejoshmon, do you think I'd have enough time to make a shitty stopmotion for the introductory FMV cutscene since we now live in the age of the compact diskette?

Jaxxoon R said:

Hey mrthejoshmon, do you think I'd have enough time to make a shitty stopmotion for the introductory FMV cutscene since we now live in the age of the compact diskette?

FMV Cutscene? Why not.

Check the OP for the beginnings of WOOO 2. Also...

Guess who's doing a great job of protecting my printer from demonic invasion using his magic gorilla arms?

Also also, a small quality test for the FMV:

Fullsize fullcolor (571 kb)

Fullsize 8-bit w/ dithering (162 kb)

Halfsize fullcolor (190 kb)

Halfsize 8-bit w/ dithering (47 kb)

If anyone knows some better settings for a camera like this, please drop a line.

Jaxxoon R said:

Also also, a small quality test for the FMV

Lower quality will be much better for this FMV as you should make it a parody of those campy FMV adventure/action games with terrible artifacting and hilariously cheesy voice acting.

If you do that then I will be obligated to make WOOO 3 happen.

mrthejoshmon said:

If you do that

What do you mean if? :)

I'm already a quarter of the way done!

EDIT: Make that halfway! And, ironically, lower res/shittier quality makes the animation look smoother. Interesting.

EDIT2: Make that nearly all the way! Just got to record the "voice acting" and apply sound effects and it'll be ready to roll.

Since this seems to be the thread in which the secret WOOO³ is being prepared, I'm going to post my terrible creation here:
The worst sparta remix ever.
I suppose someone could make a version in which the tracks are actually in sync, but the rules of WOOO series state clearly: if it sucks, that's only because we wanted it to.

Oh yeah, well, to be honest, I have stumbled my way into there glimpsing around the maps a long time ago before recording this. But how do you expect me to find such dastardly secrets in such masterfully crafted sector globs?

Besides, if I showed everything, there'd be no secrets left for everybody else!

Double post but two new videos -- wow and such! There'll be more soon, and of a longer duration, too. But as an added bonus in the meantime, do please enjoy the wonders of Snoic Geratons.

Would you like to hear a secret?
I uploaded five new videos right under everybody's nose! Or, at least four videos. Give the fifth about 200 or so minutes and then it'll be ready. It's ready! Make sure to tell me what you think! :)

Also, Getsu Fune, take a look at the title. Santy AClouywshas come to touwnb.

Bump, What's This? Video games? And new videos, too.

I'll return to Craz Nessie and Scripted Hell next chance I get, I promise. I'll also finish explaining Snake-o-Vision, just not now. Thanksgiving's too noisy for all those things.