Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Reisal

Ultimate Metal Replacements Vol. 1 - 4

Vol. 1 & 2

Vol. 3 & 4

This was mainly put together for those who are into heavy and extreme metal music as well as Doom. There is all genres of metal in there, including black, death, doom, folk, heavy, stoner and thrash so some of the songs are quite loud.

Here is a sample of some of the artists:

-Amon Amarth
-Arch Enemy
-Black Sabbath
-Carcass
-Enslaved
-Falconer
-Enslavement of Beauty

Edit: Your criticism has been taken into account.

Glaice said:

Please ignore the initial low ratings right now due to trolling cuntflaps, they have been reported. Apparently someone has a raging hateboner for all things I put out.

I didn't do that.

Hey, I saw your thread in the metal archives forum. The compilation is actually pretty cool, despite that some songs (most of the symphonic power metal stuff) doesn't fit doom very well at all.

It's good to see that people still make music packs for the game. We could always use some more to load with wads that have all default midis.

I personally think that most of the replacements are obnoxious, unfitting and often quite god damn over the top levels of loud.

It is like TNT MAP04 levels of loud god damn it!

mrthejoshmon said:

I personally think that most of the replacements are obnoxious, unfitting and often quite god damn over the top levels of loud.

Oh, come on, i love "Death's Bells". :(

mrthejoshmon said:

I take it you're not into black or death metal then..

The rapid drumming tends to be a black metal staple in terms of song structure but not all do so.

Can somebody explain why the hell this has 1 and 1.5 stars respectively? It seems I really have the 'fanclub' out there who have no life..It is like no matter what I do, I have these people on my ass and it's demotivating.

Can the ratings not be reset because of rating abuse like this?

Glaice said:

Can somebody explain why the hell this has 1 and 1.5 stars respectively? It seems I really have the 'fanclub' out there who have no life..It is like no matter what I do, I have these people on my ass and it's demotivating.

Or it could be the fact that people don't like the wad Chris?

It is not always because you have developed a Mr. Chris anti-fan base (although this one may be the case).

I understand that there is people who like it, and those who don't. I'm one of those who don't.

1 - It looks like you just went into a midi archive and downloaded a bunch of songs and didn't listen to them (or just a bit) and didn't put any effort whatsoever to choose a appropriate song to each map.

2 - Some of these midis are horrendous, some of them are too loud and and even have a vocal track.

3 - People like new things, i get that you love these type of wads, but some people do like to see some effort put into a project.

Yea but 7-8 0s? I mean come on, I can understand a rating of 2 like you posted with a reason but 0s like some of those I don't get.

I strongly believe we should have a forum account to rate stuff and one vote per account per submission.

@KevinHEZ: I did go through each song to see if it is complete since some of those downloaded were incomplete, which I disregarded and never used in any of the 200 or so songs over the 4 WADs.

Also, some are loud because black metal generally is loud.

Glaice said:

@KevinHEZ: I did go through each song to see if it is complete since some of those downloaded were incomplete, which I disregarded and never used in any of the 200 or so songs over the 4 WADs.

Also, some are loud because black metal generally is loud.

You only checked to see if its complete, not to see if it fits, you just said that. And also, loud is one thing, bad mixing is another, i've seen plenty black metal songs in midi, and they're not half as bad as these are.

Glaice said:

I strongly believe we should have a forum account to rate stuff and one vote per account per submission.

Now that is kind of a censor for free speech Chris.

What you should do is suck it up and ignore the ratings, who really cares about wad ratings on /idgames? It is hardly a competition out there and you lose/earn nothing from negative/positive reviews except perhaps some feedback (Which by the time the file is on /idgames that feedback no longer matters EDIT: Most of the time).

Seriously, you are blowing this way out of proportion. If you actually care about your star rating then I am afraid you are going to be easily and massively trolled for a large section of your internet life.

If possible I would have rated it -5 stars. How about that? And yeah, Im heavily into metal.

And "Black Metal is generally loud". Hahahaha. Wtf are you on man

mrthejoshmon said:

Now that is kind of a censor for free speech Chris.

What you should do is suck it up and ignore the ratings, who really cares about wad ratings on /idgames? It is hardly a competition out there and you lose/earn nothing from negative/positive reviews except perhaps some feedback (Which by the time the file is on /idgames that feedback no longer matters EDIT: Most of the time).

Seriously, you are blowing this way out of proportion. If you actually care about your star rating then I am afraid you are going to be easily and massively trolled for a large section of your internet life.

Actual footage of the crowd's reaction to mrthejoshmon's reply.

You can't really expect to please everybody, with people having such diversive tastes for this particular subject. For example, you didn't please me. The compilations suck. 0 stars.

Josh, you are right. I normally don't care but I guess this one time I did freak out a bit because it was a very recent upload.

I'll calm down now, I won't become like that guy who only plays 3 star or higher megawads.

mrthejoshmon said:

I do too but it is extremely loud compared to the other TNT tracks.

Into The Beast's Belly is by far a much worse offender to this than Death's Bells.

However, If I have the mood for it I could make a Vol. 5 and avoid using black metal tracks so it not as harsh on the casual or average metalhead's ears.

Like someone said in the IDGames comments, the music tracks are find, but they just don't fit Doom's tone.

I love black metal, a bit of death too....but in MIDI form?....eh....I dunno, MIDI music is something I have never generally liked, even if it is a cover of something I might like.

I'll take a look though...see who is there.

Glaice said:

I'll calm down now, I won't become like that guy who only plays 3 star or higher megawads.

Aww, come on! The world needs another Brandon D. Lade!