Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
mmnpsrsoskl

Adding new sprites

Merge the sprite pwad with the iwad. just remember to make a backup. :P

I'm not sure why you're not able to see sprites in WadAuthor. WinTex is usually very good at taking care of things like markers (i.e., SS_START before and SS_END after), but that's one aspect that I can think of.

Another thing that may cause the sprites not to show up in the editing window of Map Object Properties for Things is if you've altered your sprites using DeHacked, and have changed the nomenclature. Nigel Rowand explained this to me as follows:

"The sprites I used for the fire demon had the more traditional VILEA2A8, A3A7... type format, but the original archvile frames use a different format that appeared in doom2. They use things like VILEA2D8, A3D7... The first format (as used with most doom1 enemies) tells doom to use the picture for angle 2 when frame A is shown, and reverse it for the angle 8 viewpoint also when frame A is shown. The doom2 format tells doom to use the picture for frame A viewpoint 2 and reverse it for frame D viewpoint 8. That's all fine, and doom handles it as it should, but I suspect WAUTHOR has an entry telling it to use VILEA1D1 or something to show the archvile thing. Because you have put in frames called VILEA1 and VILED1 WadAuthor just ignores them and shows the old graphic."

Espi said:

Merge the sprite pwad with the iwad. just remember to make a backup. :P

Another way to do it, especially if you want to keep your wads separate, is to use external resources within your map wad. To do this, open your map wad, right-click on void space, select Properties from the pop-up menu, from the Images tab select "Include any images present in an external wadfile", type in or browse and find the appropriate wadfile, and click OK.

Oh well, I shouldn't "help" with an editor I don't use myself. :P

ReX said:

Another way to do it, especially if you want to keep your wads separate, is to use external resources within your map wad. To do this, open your map wad, right-click on void space, select Properties from the pop-up menu, from the Images tab select "Include any images present in an external wadfile", type in or browse and find the appropriate wadfile, and click OK.

K then, i'll try that. Thanks.