Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Doominator2

Sonic Robot Blast 2

Has Anyone tried this mod? It gives a totally diffrent experience using the doom engine and i'm surprised that I've never heard anyone speak of it on the forums.

For those who are interested, it can be found here.

I hadn't see this before. It's great to see a mod for Legacy, the port has a lot of potential. It's also good to see that things like Mario Doom or Doom Contra, which are for G/ZDoom, can also be created in other ports (well, to be honest, I also remember the SLaVE mod for 3DGE that Jayextee was/is working on).

Go fast and kill things. Go fast and kill things well enough and you can get NotSuperSaiyan mode and can then go faster and kill even more things even more.

I think it's an aight game, though it's kind of hackish in some parts, the controls/camera is strange, controller support is ass, and the boss design could use some work. The level design has some problems too. It goes about multiple paths all wrong. In real Sonic games all paths would eventually lead to the goal, whether by combining with another or by leading to it directly. This game has dead ends. What the hell kind of Sonic game has dead ends?

There are a couple of times where I'd get lost looking for the way through a level and somehow end up going down a secret path... that leads to a dead end.

Fucking blind alleys. Also no slopes.

I personally think the engine would be better off running off of some fork of [G]Zdoom. Since Zdoom features are already being ported into this thing (skyboxes).

Aye, Deep Ocean Zone may have been a bitch prior to the new layout, but it's just so atmospheric. Such dreamlike nature, almost makes me forget I'm playing a video game. Techno Hill Zone is pretty fun, too. Dig that warbling music.

Considering it's just a Doom mod, and considering it's at least 10 years old, it's pretty damn good.

Jaxxoon R said:

controller support is ass

Very true. Use XPadder to make this game control far better!

Jaxxoon R said:

I personally think the engine would be better off running off of some fork of [G]Zdoom. Since Zdoom features are already being ported into this thing (skyboxes).

I'm sure we can get Doomero to port it if we convinced him.

Pretty sure you could get anyone to do anything if you convinced them.

EDIT: Wait... Is Doomero the guy who ported Mortal Kombat to ZDoom using his magic reality-warping powers?

He'd probably end up accidentally making it better than the original somehow.

Jaxxoon R said:

Aye, Deep Ocean Zone may have been a bitch prior to the new layout, but it's just so atmospheric. Such dreamlike nature, almost makes me forget I'm playing a video game. Techno Hill Zone is pretty fun, too. Dig that warbling music.

I always thought that the really high walls were cool....because Sonic's world is full of high walls...but seeing it done in 3d and in Doom form just made it look so much stranger. I do like the way it looks though, I think it's a good looking game, plays a bit wonky like but it's still fun.

Yes i did,SRB2 is actually not a Mod for DOOM (it doesn't require a Copy of any IWAD) and has it's own Engine with many abilities like :
* 3D Floors
* LUA Scripting Language
it Also has many Multiplayer Maps and different Gametypes,And Active Multiplayer Server ... (It reminds me of Sonic 3 And Sonic & Knuckles)

foufou74 said:

Yes i did,SRB2 is actually not a Mod for DOOM (it doesn't require a Copy of any IWAD)

Adventures of Square doesn't require an IWAD, either, but it's still totally a Doom mod.

Jaxxoon R said:

Pretty sure you could get anyone to do anything if you convinced them.

EDIT: Wait... Is Doomero the guy who ported Mortal Kombat to ZDoom using his magic reality-warping powers?

He'd probably end up accidentally making it better than the original somehow.

Yeah Doomero is insane, I actually can play a better round of MK2 with someone in America over his Zandro WAD than I can through Xbox Live...

Shadow Hog said:

Adventures of Square doesn't require an IWAD, either, but it's still totally a Doom mod.

Adventures of Square doesn't modify anything, so it isn't a mod. It uses an engine that is essentially "Doom Plus" (ZDoom), but nothing from Doom is used as a base that isn't already provided from the executable itself. Doom (the game) is not required to run Square.

I Heard about that game,but i really dislike Anime Themed games soo ... No thanks don't really want to play it O_O

MTrop said:

Adventures of Square doesn't modify anything, so it isn't a mod. It uses an engine that is essentially "Doom Plus" (ZDoom), but nothing from Doom is used as a base that isn't already provided from the executable itself. Doom (the game) is not required to run Square.

Honestly, for me, the fact that it's using the Doom engine (however modified) is enough for me to classify it as a mod.

Although, I suppose it's not quite as clear-cut as that, since I'm not entirely sure if I'd classify Heretic, Hexen, Strife et al as mods instead of games in their own right.

Nevertheless, I always thought of SRB2 as a Doom mod, regardless of how it doesn't require an IWAD.

i too care deeply about whether or not this is technically classifadtfqahohfg;adkgaphaaahahaha

no one cares, nerds!!!!! >:)

Memfis said:

Is it worth trying if I have pretty much zero knowledge about the Sonic games?

One of my friends showed this to me probably around when it first came out. I remember thinking it was fun despite only ever playing the PC version of Sonic 3 and Knuckles(?) a few times. It is worth checking out either way.

Shadow Hog said:

Honestly, for me, the fact that it's using the Doom engine (however modified) is enough for me to classify it as a mod.

Although, I suppose it's not quite as clear-cut as that, since I'm not entirely sure if I'd classify Heretic, Hexen, Strife et al as mods instead of games in their own right.

Nevertheless, I always thought of SRB2 as a Doom mod, regardless of how it doesn't require an IWAD.

Not really,if Warface used Cryengine to Create a new game,that Doesn't make it a Mod for FarCry 3,and So DOOM,the game is completely different and top of it all it's a Standalone ... so that's enough for me .

Shadow Hog said:

So a mod that you sell is not a mod?

DMGUYDZ64 said:

I Heard about that game,but i really dislike Anime Themed games soo ... No thanks don't really want to play it O_O

AoS or SRB2?

'Cause if it's the latter: Sanic was originally designed with 'muricans in mind. Hell, I'm practically animephobic and I'm totally down with (The non-retarded) Sonic games.

Da Werecat said:

So a mod that you sell is not a mod?

Pretty much ...
EDIT : You can sell it if that doesn't break rules of Source code use,if a game used a source code for another one that doesn't make it a mod for it because basically it's a recreation of a brand new game and engine, using an existing source code ...

ZDoom engine is very different from the original Doom engine. It supports Doom, Heretic, Hexen, and Strife.

Is The Adventures of Square a Doom mod, Heretic mod, Hexen mod, or Strife mod?

Da Werecat said:

ZDoom engine is very different from the original Doom engine. It supports Doom, Heretic, Hexen, and Strife.

I Guess it's a DOOM Mod

Da Werecat said:

I'm convinced that it's neither, because it's a TC for the ZDoom engine (and a free one, but that's irrelevant to the question). Mods and Total Conversions are differentiated. Or not?