Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Xindage

where's the Invulnerable Spheres

someone noticed the freedoom dont have invulnerble spheres around
why this is so forget by mappers?

someone here really care about the invulnerable sphere in freedoom?

To be fair, except in situations where its obvious you need one, I actually pass them up upon finding them. Maybe other people do too, so then they tend to forget placing them (Or other powerups)

hmm well i didnt use them because some maps uses them when player its about to face something heavy like cyberdemons. however i was trying to figure how to balance map28 in the stone edge area since that are can be pretty pretty rough. so probably i can add an invulnerable sphere in that place which could justify it use (its one of the last maps and have tons of enemies)

i will do the changes once... i get an usb-harddrive adapter to recover my files.

my other maps i think i wouldnt add invulnerable spheres since there isnt a mayor threat in those maps.

More power ups in general is a really good idea. They need to be carefully and properly placed. The skill level they appear on is also extremely important.

I have some really ideas to work into a few maps right now.

The invuln sphere is a pretty powerful power-up. I think it's usually only appropriate when facing some kind of powerful boss monster.

fraggle said:

The invuln sphere is a pretty powerful power-up. I think it's usually only appropriate when facing some kind of powerful boss monster.

Some maps are ridiculously hard. I can think of 3 maps that could use one in just -skill 4. Will seriously take the edge off, keep it fun and still be very challenging.