Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Doomkid

Doomshack.org - Wad hosting & Multiplayer DOOM!

Wow, I passed out like a log last night and didn't even update the site. Gonna work on that now.

scifista42 said:

Doomkid, why don't you have your DEATHMATCH Guns! on your site? :P

Thanks for reminding me, scifista!

Doomkid said:

Just added a guestbook. It would be swell if some of you could sign it :)

I wonder how long it will be before spambots find that guestbook and start filling it with advertising links, which seems to be the fate of most guestbooks I've seen.

Alrighty, added quite a few WADs by other Doomers. Check it out!

I keep having this problem where the font is different on different broswers. Not a huge deal, the page always seems to load just fine, however it makes it look a little messy. As I stated, I'm a total newbie to making websites - Guess it just makes it even more authentic to 90's DOOM pages ;)

Sqrrt121 said:

This is really cool!

Thanks Sqrrt121!

GreyGhost said:

I wonder how long it will be before spambots find that guestbook and start filling it with advertising links, which seems to be the fate of most guestbooks I've seen.

Oh lord I hope that shit doesn't happen. I have administrative power over it though, I can delete comments (other than that pesky 1st comment from Bravenet Team, but oh well, it's their guestbook after all.)

EDIT: Remember to throw your WADs my way, I'm having lots of fun with this site.

Guest Unregistered account

Haha, been moved to the "Everything else" forums. At first I was wondering where this thread had gonWHOOPS SILLY ME NO IT HASN'T

My only complaints about your kickarse website is... wait... the font. It's not such a big deal, but it doesn't really fit (although it gives it a 90's feel) and looks a bit too plain, somehow. :/ That said, it's far better than those Comic Sans Doom websites.

I really like what you've got, and how you're accepting WADs from other people. :)
I'll be visiting here in future!

Thanks for the A.S.S links dude. Hey, maybe one of these days we'll see a map of yours in one of the compilations. :)

FUCK YES! Had a little browsey wowsey, it's nice too see that you've included a few cheeky tutorials on there I can definitely see those being very useful, it's about time someone stored them some where. If you're looking for material to add, I don't mind you adding any of my single maps on there but that's down to you as it would be nice to see my maps get some more play.

Now that you implemented html anchors, maybe you can add "return to top" buttons and "prev/next section" buttons to each section's title, but maybe that'd be over-engineering (for an oldschool-styled website), so you don't have to listen to me. :D

Memfis said:

Add obnoxious midi with no button to turn it off!

Well spotted! I knew it was missing something.

I'd say the page is now large enough to start thinking about giving sections pages of their own.

Hah, speaking to that point there could also be a small animated bit of arachnotron plasma to follow your cursor trail and the spider mastermind awaken sound blurts whenever you click a new page. :p

Joe667 said:

My only complaints about your kickarse website is... wait... the font. It's not such a big deal, but it doesn't really fit (although it gives it a 90's feel) and looks a bit too plain, somehow.

Yeah I'm sorta hating the font too. Even worse is that it displays in different formats on different broswers.. I need to clean up my HTML, a lot of junk font commands were accidentally added in when I first started, I'm guessing that's why. I'll for sure clean it up over time though.

Springy said:

FUCK YES! Had a little browsey wowsey, it's nice too see that you've included a few cheeky tutorials on there I can definitely see those being very useful, it's about time someone stored them some where. If you're looking for material to add, I don't mind you adding any of my single maps on there but that's down to you as it would be nice to see my maps get some more play.

I will add some of your stuff Springy, your maps deserve to be played damnit!

Obsidian said:

Thanks for the A.S.S links dude. Hey, maybe one of these days we'll see a map of yours in one of the compilations. :)

I really need to plan ahead and get to one, I've been wanting to since the start. I'll update that link to the current thread every time a new one starts :)

scifista42 said:

Now that you implemented html anchors, maybe you can add "return to top" buttons and "prev/next section" buttons to each section's title, but maybe that'd be over-engineering (for an oldschool-styled website), so you don't have to listen to me. :D

I absolutely will add a 'back to top' button at the end of each section, will make it way easier to navigate.

Memfis said:

Add obnoxious midi with no button to turn it off!

I actually considered this.. I tried to add a player that could be paused, no luck. Tried adding D_INTRO so it only played for like 2 seconds, but I messed it up and it kept looping. I decided it was tech-nature's way of telling me to cut that shit out!

TheCupboard said:

Hah, speaking to that point there could also be a small animated bit of arachnotron plasma to follow your cursor trail and the spider mastermind awaken sound blurts whenever you click a new page. :p

I think that much 90's in one sitting could kill someone..

GreyGhost said:

I'd say the page is now large enough to start thinking about giving sections pages of their own.

I totally agree, but free geocities has a major limit... Just one page. Getting another will cost me a monthly fee. :(

Xegethra said:

That's a rather nice looking website there I must say!

Quite that old school feel indeed.

Thanks a lot!

I really appreciate all the feedback fellas, it's helping me improve this quite a bit. Expect an update in the next few days! Gonna probably so it around the same time I release Z Match 3 :)

Doomkid said:

I totally agree, but free geocities has a major limit... Just one page. Getting another will cost me a monthly fee. :(

I suspected it. It's okay, your site works anyway, and maybe it makes for its "charm". :)

Doomkid said:

I think that much 90's in one sitting could kill someone...

I don't think it would, I have survived a 6 hour onslaught of 90's material and lived to tell the tale.

Another small update - Mianly for DK_DM_4, but also added even more clarity to the tutorials, and revisied some of my other WAD descriptions. Suggestions above to be implemented SOON!

Hey fellas, another fairly major update, added a new section for other's Doom websites / YouTube pages! If you have a page you want me to link to, please let me know.

I sometimes do Doom videos....but not all too often, my channel has a load of other games on it.

I was thinking of making another channel should I do Doom, but there probably wouldn't be much on it for a while.

Still a nice site though, some channels I'll check out there for sure!

Tell me the URL of your YT channel, I'd be happy to add it to the site. It doesn't have to be Doom only, a lot of those channels are mixed bags :)

Oh boy! Now I can download all my favorite por-... I mean Deathmatch WADS in one convenient website! Thanks Doomkid! :P

Doomkid said:

Tell me the URL of your YT channel, I'd be happy to add it to the site. It doesn't have to be Doom only, a lot of those channels are mixed bags :)

Ahh ok, here it is.

https://www.youtube.com/user/Amaranthus616

Not too much Doom there but it's there. I'm currently making videos of the PSX total conversion, which I haven't uploaded yet.

But here's the playlist where it all goes.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLPSRnoBPebH2wNMyK8D9RfZnRzjH7R28J

mrthejoshmon and the_miano said:

Words that soothe the soul

Hehe, check section 6 fellas, I already linked 'em ;)

Xegethra said:

Ahh ok, here it is.

Cool, I'll add your page and Joe's page first thing tomorrow. I like this whole page networking thingy. It would cool to see some more of you starting little sites like this to have a home for your wads. It's like having a little island in the ocean that is /idgames!