Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kb1

KDITD Diorama from Bethesda - Receive yours yet?

Did anyone else order the Knee Deep In the Dead diorama - you know, that way-over-priced Doom 1 model with weird-colored plasma?

http://store.bethsoft.com/brands/doom/doom-knee-deep-in-the-dead-resin-diorama-deposit.html

I'm still waiting for mine, ordered a LONG TIME ago. It was supposed to be out by the 4th quarter of 2014, and we're half-way through the 4th quarter... I think I got robbed :( I could have bought 20 Doom T-shirts for the same money...and, I'd probably have them by now.

By the way, did anyone order one of the T-shirts?
http://store.bethsoft.com/brands/doom/doom-box-art-tshirt.html

How does it look? Are the colors as faded as the image?

It's all just a cash in, I mean every thing is over priced.

The Diorama is worth at least $75

Seriously a hoody that has the doom logo for $60, I'd pay at most $40.

kb1 said:

I'm still waiting for mine, ordered a LONG TIME ago. It was supposed to be out by the 4th quarter of 2014, and we're half-way through the 4th quarter... I think I got robbed :(

Nah, 4th quarter would be the last three months of 2014, so they have until Dec 31.

That diorama doesn't look half bad though, but I admit it's a bit overpriced (especially since there's a few details which are just off).

EDIT: Nevermind, I just realized the deposit was $100 and the full price is $375, yowza!

I have all those t-shirts. Yes in that particular shirt model the colours are little bit faded, suits more for a work and week usage and other models for parties and weekend usage.

Is it just me or does the t-shirt in the picture look as if it is 6 years old
and washed or worn so many times the colors faded...

FireFish said:

Is it just me or does the t-shirt in the picture look as if it is 6 years old
and washed or worn so many times the colors faded...

Man that style is in! Nothing like a nice picture ruined by patched and faded sections that make it look "WORN" maaaaan

Cheap cash-in, and the demon faces are ugly and don't match the box art.

I guess it's because their current success with ID Software was so poor since Rage so they try to make money from other ways.

All I want is a single Doomguy statuette holding both the shotgun and chaingun and in the same pose as he is on the Doom 1 title screen.

At first I thought this thing was awesome. Then I slowly realized it looks like shit and I've painted WH:40K figures better than they painted this diorama. It's honestly awful considering they want nearly $400 for the damn thing. I'm half tempted to just sculpt my own and paint it, it'd be worth it and save me a lot of money...not so much on time though.

Avoozl said:

All I want is a single Doomguy statuette holding both the shotgun and chaingun and in the same pose as he is on the Doom 1 title screen.

that'd be a pretty cool idea for an action-figure of the same pose, too. the statuette would be even cooler though. another idea could be to make a statuette of Doomguy's Quake 3 model, which is probably the best official rendition of him so far. instead we get these... bobble-heads of him? huh?

at least there are the Cacodemon and Pain Elemental plushies, which are actually rather fair-priced and fits the characters well.

Doomhuntress said:

at least there are the Cacodemon and Pain Elemental plushies, which are actually rather fair-priced and fits the characters well.

My friend got me one, I absolutely looooove it! Well worth the money.

Doomhuntress said:

I was just about to point that out. Plush Mancubi and Pinkies seem in order.

Toxie Rocks said:

I was just about to point that out. Plush Mancubi and Pinkies seem in order.

A plush Cyberdemon with a certain amount of firmness (ie capable of standing unsupported) that makes the cyber wake up sound when you squeeze him would be the best thing ever :P

Doomhuntress said:

Mine can even fly.

Nice setup Fraggle.

Diorama or diarrhea to some, I wish I knew about this before they sold out. No way I'm going to pay an insane reseller markup on one of these.

I cancelled mine after they repeatedly lied about when it was being delivered. Last reply stated that it would be delivered early 2015. It wasn't worth it in the first place. The to have it repeatedly pushed back... What's the holdup? They either built them, or they didn't. WTF?