Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Syferous

Doom Assemblage Sculpture

Hello fellow DOOM lovers! I have never posted here but I thought you all might like to see a sculpture I recently completed, titled "Icons of DOOM". I am a professional sculptor living in Southern California.

Here is what John Romero said about it:
"The sculpture is incredible, I love it! Great job. And I’m happy you really loved DOOM."

Check out the sculpture in detail via the following links below:

Video Intro:
http://youtu.be/qOCG1yJ0iOI?list=PLF3F35F90BD83AE16

My website making of Blog:
http://hitestudios.com/icons-of-doom/

The piece will be displayed at the Copro Gallery starting this Saturday October 18th. Here is a link to the gallery if you are near Santa Monica, CA

http://www.copronason.com/

Hope you enjoy it!

-Jason Hite

To be honest, I don't like the "HUD weapon" idea. At the very least, I don't like the implementation.

Other than that, very neat.

I'm digging the honesty. I should have posted progress here before it was finished! I ran out of time to make traditional DOOM weapons so the use of Quake 2 weapons was my next logical choice. I still want to make them but I needed more time. How would you execute the "Hud Weapons" area?

I meant the rocket launcher at the center.

Quake 2 weapons look very nice, even though they're a little out of place. The entire HUD is far from being authentic, so I don't think it's a big deal.

It looks pretty cool. The HUD makes it look more first person game like, even if it's not the same HUD as in Doom. Maybe there could have been some 3D cable/wire things at the side of the IOS face.

the cacodemons are the best part of the whole thing. I also enjoyed the eerie music and sound FX straight out of Doom.

will you display your piece with the reaper miniatures at the Gallery?

Caught this on Twitter this morning. WOW.

Can't get over how incredible the Icon looks. The whole diorama idea of the status bar and the centred weapon is just really cool.

For what it's worth, I love the rocket launcher ;)

The motherboards and RAM chips are a bit obvious, but this is really just nitpicking.

I can't find it now, but several years ago I did see an icon of sin Diorama built inside a gutted computer monitor. it also had a rocket launcher and status bar, but that guy basically glued textures and sprites he printed out, while this guy actually sculpted and scratch build this thing and at a much larger scale.

Very, very, very cool work. It's very cyberpunk. It really captures the look of Doom and id games in general. The enemies look totally spot-on and you did a unique take on the HUD. This is one of the most impressive examples of Doom fan art I've ever seen.