Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
frithiof

E2M4 in 0.9?

Is there a way to beat this level?

I've finally managed to get into a room with an exit sign, a switch, and a door, but none of them do anything. It also seems to be entirely possible to get locked out of that room by the elevator.

To be fair, that's a lot farther than I've managed to get in the 0.8 version of this map.

...maybe I should just be playing Phase 2.

I don't mean for this to be a snarky question, but would it make sense to make some OBLIGE maps for Phase 1 when running PWADs with it if they aren't all completable? (It still uses the Freedoom resources)

That said, I liked episode 1, and 4 has always been fantastic.

Now to get to work on playing Phase 2.

Chapter 1 was pulled out from Ye Olden Times when Freedoom had a "shareware" target (doom1.wad). It was in bad shape, but Protox has worked hard on making that entire set of levels fairly solid, I think it's paid off big time.

me too. OBLIGE maps aren't very good and it'd give a false impression that the slot is already taken.

chungy said:

me too. OBLIGE maps aren't very good and it'd give a false impression that the slot is already taken.

No, no... I meant for the end user to make some OBLIGE maps (using an OBLIGE map as an official freedoom level might not be the best of ideas). Admittedly, I usually hit IDDQD when starting any OBLIGE map, but they can be nice when you don't have access to the internet.

I actually prefer those tiny little box rooms with just a switch in them that ends the level instead of a map that can't be completed. Clearly Phase 1 isn't at the top of the priority list, which actually makes sense when there's more stuff to do in Phase 2, and a lot of resources can be "backported" to Phase 1.

I like how Phase 2 also allows for TNT and Plutonia compatibility, to some extent. It's like 3 games for the price of none. ;)

E1 is pretty good. E2 and E3 seem obviously unfinished as of now, but it'll get there. E4 is good because, come on, it's Double Impact. haven't checked the levels to see what music they have in them, but i was surprised to at least not hearing Ralphis' E1M1 in there. the other ones make sense since they're remixes based off of Doom songs, but that one seemed to me like it was original.