Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Obsidian

Abyssal Speedmapping Session 11 - Halloween Edition!

Previous thread and all that jazz.

Yes indeed, I have given in to the peer pressure holiday spirit and we are having a Halloween edition of the Abyssal Speedmapping Sessions! The time is 26th of October at 2PM NZ time and the place is Skype. What ghoulish horrors await you? Other than me, of course.

jmickle66666666 said:

I miss doing Abyssal sessions, I think its 2am for me again but I might be able to make it!

Ah, reminds me of the Russian Speedmapping Session: I think I was up till 3. Totally worth it of course, sleep deprivation does wonders for your mapping.

YES TARNSMAN, YOU WERE RIGHT. NOW SHADDUP.

I could stay awake at night if the session happened this (forthcoming) weekend, but not the next one. :(

My effort in last year's 5in100 Halloween spectacle was shambolic! Some sort of ghost monster gimmick map that didn't work properly and was 50% startan by the end of proceedings. I can't promise I'll turn up this time with commitments suddenly crawling out of the woodwork, but if I do it will probably be with some trepidation, heh.

Jeeezzz. I'd be willing to give it a try but it starting at 2AM my time is killer, as I have to be up for work at 7 the next morning.

I'd love for some kind of session on the 31st instead - I'd be much more drunk and available then. Plus, it would actually be Hallowe'en!

Augh, I know I haven't been attending lately anyway, but I have a legit prior engagement this time. Sorry, guys! BE SPOOKY!

Oh bugger, I can't make it. Can you PM me the three mapping guidelines as per the A.S.S standard and I can stream my creation of the map later in the day or something?

TEH THEMES ARE:

-Haunted mansion

-Catacombs

-Nightmare sequence(think Silent Hill or Cry of Fear)

Go forth and be spooky!

Name: Descending into the Crypt of Dark Sodomy
Format: Boom
Build time: I spent a long time fixing textures I screwed up so I went like 10 minutes over by let's just pretend 2 hours
Music: "Spoopy" by me (done in 30 minutes, though you might be forgiven for thinking it was more like 5)
Theme: Catacomb

Minigunner, could you post the details for your map please? I don't even think I have a map name yet.