Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SuicideBomber

Return To Castle Helvete! (W.I.P) BETA!

The entry way:

(note: I think the top texture is a load of dung, but I couldn't think of another texture!)

The hallway of the entry way:

More Screens to Come!

Just judging from the screens it looks like your map needs a bit of height and colour variation: maybe use a bit more green marble? I'm guessing this is one of your first maps, so keep it up!

Thanks for your reply and criticism.

More of the map, is now different.

In main hallway is now a view to the outside:

Satanic Prayer Alter:

Leader Deran's Trick:

Looking at this last photo, I will change the lower texture!

It looks a little empty and void of detail (if that is what you are going for then by all means continue), I would personally add some more obstacles (Like the green and red pillars) as well as some corpses and decorations to add some more flavor to the map.

I added tree's and a gravestone in the open corridor, also a pond of blood (which plays apart in the story) Also added a pentagram in the begining hallway. Here are some more screens.

The river of blood in the torture room:

The dark drop down, (yes you have to walk in the blood):

The Sewer control room (W.I.P):

"Castle Helvete!" that's the best use of swenglish I've seen :-D why not just call it "Castle Hell", it has a nice ring to it.

So far, I'll tell you what makes your map ugly and "unprofessional":

-rectangular-ness
-still monochromatic texturing
-seemingly totally random texture choices
-usage of default ceiling height (128)
-flat ceiling
-overally, low height variation
-low light variation within the area of (every) one room
-lack of eye-candy (not that every map needs lots of detail, but yours looks too bland)

As I told you before, it's understandable for beginner's effort. If you keep getting feedback and trying to improve - you should be able to eventually make it (I mean, improve). ;)

Changed Textures

New Entry Way(Notice Roof Textures):

The pentagram in the main hallway:

Leader Derans Last Trick:

(Its Harder)

Salagatote Hall:

Guest DILDOMASTER666

Return to Castle Helvetica

It's quite a miss, honestly. Everything I said before still applies (messy texturing etc.). The map is far too empty (way too few monsters and things). An atmospheric build-up doesn't work at all in an ugly map like this. Then the real annoyances started: Inescapable pits. Random, and lots of them everywhere. Having to reload the game. Extremely awful and unfun, that is. Many doors don't have lower-unpegged sides. Also I was required to jump, I didn't expect that and didn't really like it. Fights don't pose any challenge and you can just easily run away from monsters, specially that mancubus - overally this is not good, combat should be the focus. Congrats on your first SP mapping attempt, though.