Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Clusterone666

Community Christmas Megawad (Working Title) OP updated constantly!

joe-ilya said:

I'll take MAP02 it will be named "Go with the flow"
And also MAP01 that will be named "Christmas Morning"

EDIT:MAP01: https://www.mediafire.com/?43dlrjj4ia2hpwm
I think ZIMMER7 should have these hanging christmas decorations.

Alright sounds good i'll place you into the mapslot section. :)
Doomhuntress: That sounds like it could actually work, not sure as to what type of level yet, but it should work. :o

scifista42 said:

Joe-ilya, do you mean it seriously? Is that a Christmas map? Is THAT supposed to be a CHRISTMAS TREE?

[img]http://i.imgur.com/vfWDjXb.png[img]

It looks like a generic 94's HOUSE.WAD more than anything.

What's the problem of it being a house? It's how every christmas megawad begins, it's kind of a tradition.
Yes, that's the christmas tree, will look better with the hanging decorations slapped onto it.

AD_79 said:

joehouse.wad

The maps will all be better when the textures get finished as we will be able to make it more "Christmasy" than. :)
I personally like the house, good starting point, just if you don't mind some critique, I can give it?

We should really establish sooner, rather than later, what engine(s) we're targeting with this mod. I'm trying to compile together a few Christmas textures myself, but I'm having a hard time deciding if it should be PNAMES/TEXTURE2 format or ZDoom's TEXTURES format.

Plus, I'd love to have some sort of active snowing effect, but that's kind of either ACS or DECORATE territory. (I mean, you could have some sort of texture animation pasted atop a bajillion Middle textures, although I'm not sure if that's better or worse than spawning snow Things here and there where the ceiling is F_SKY1...)

come to think of it, i have several cheerful tracks i made some time ago i could submit to the project, but i'll hold on a bit releasing them until the project gets more of a foothold on what port the project should be for and such. if it is for an advanced source-port, i could perhaps even render some of my MIDI files into OGGs...

Doomhuntress said:

come to think of it, i have several cheerful tracks i made some time ago i could submit to the project, but i'll hold on a bit releasing them until the project gets more of a foothold on what port the project should be for and such. if it is for an advanced source-port, i could perhaps even render some of my MIDI files into OGGs...

Midi has to be the way to go due to one of the guidelines, the megawad is for all DOOM ports.

So is it a vanilla project? "All source ports" technically includes non-limit-removing ones like Chocolate Doom. Or does it mean all limit-removing ones (and can/should that be extended to Boom-compatible)?

Shadow Hog said:

So is it a vanilla project? "All source ports" technically includes non-limit-removing ones like Chocolate Doom. Or does it mean all limit-removing ones (and can/should that be extended to Boom-compatible)?

I'm a bit confused.

I was assuming and will strongly argue this should be a zdoom project, mainly because maps made for vanilla/Boom will still work as intended when run in zdoom, so mappers can create maps in any of these formats.

The only downside is that the wad as a whole will have to be run in zdoom, though that shouldn't be too big of an issue, especially since MAPINFO allows individual maps to still play strictly like their original source ports (so vanilla maps can have things like jumping and crouching disabled, etc.)

Also, zdoom has been the port I've been using to create map 07, which contains many zdoom-only features :P

This is simply my opinion. I'm glad to see that there is a lot of interests going into this project. I'm sure Clusterone666 is glad, too!

obake said:

I'm a bit confused.

I was assuming and will strongly argue this should be a zdoom project, mainly because maps made for vanilla/Boom will still work as intended when run in zdoom, so mappers can create maps in any of these formats.

The only downside is that the wad as a whole will have to be run in zdoom, though that shouldn't be too big of an issue, especially since MAPINFO allows individual maps to still play strictly like their original source ports (so vanilla maps can have things like jumping and crouching disabled, etc.)

Also, zdoom has been the port I've been using to create map 07, which contains many zdoom-only features :P

This is simply my opinion. I'm glad to see that there is a lot of interests going into this project. I'm sure Clusterone666 is glad, too!

I was thinking about that as well, I didn't want to make it GZDOOM however, but Zdoom should be fine, i've given that a lot of thought since I started that first post, and well. Zdoom it is, as we will be able to use a little more features and should be easier for the texture artists like Shadow Hog and such.
I'll change it right now.
And yes i'm extremely happy! I haven't been on in a couple days as it's been a super busy week and my birthday is in two days, but I will be 100% committed thursday and after!
Edit: Changed to Zdoom project in outlines section.

Also, I can't stress this enough, but I need someone to help me co-run this operation!
Since it is my first project and all, I need someone to whip me back into shape if I start to go the wrong way on the rails and all, plus it would help me get my foot in the door for how to do CP's correctly. :)

just a heads-up that the Doomworld community is kind-of heavily biased towards community projects that is within either vanilla, limit-removing, or Boom-restraints. not that i disagree with it being a Zdoom project, though, as it'd make effects like snowfall be easier to produce. plus, you can make a shorter episode, and not necessarily a 32-level megawad. i could even do some OGG renders of my tracks if that's the case, something i haven't done too much before.

here's some more tracks i have that i could put to the project (which i really want to, actually. being able to put my cheerful stuff into a megawad is very exciting for me.) if anyone thinks they're fair-game for the project, i'll go ahead and touch up the MIDI files.

https://dl.dropbox.com/s/yhcqnawqrqnpf41/You%20Are%20Not%20%28What%20You%20Think%20You%20Are%29%20%28Revise%29.mp3?dl=0

https://dl.dropbox.com/s/dap64ar0aav7vtk/Petriform%20-%20Excellent%21%21%20%28Viscra%20Cover%29.mp3?dl=0

https://dl.dropbox.com/s/9kd1ks89ql5jwtd/Choo-Choo%20Train%20Render.mp3?dl=0

Doomhuntress said:

just a heads-up that the Doomworld community is kind-of heavily biased towards community projects that is within either vanilla, limit-removing, or Boom-restraints. not that i disagree with it being a Zdoom project, though, as it'd make effects like snowfall be easier to produce. plus, you can make a shorter episode, and not necessarily a 32-level megawad. i could even do some OGG renders of my tracks if that's the case, something i haven't done too much before.

here's some more tracks i have that i could put to the project (which i really want to, actually. being able to put my cheerful stuff into a megawad is very exciting for me.) if anyone thinks they're fair-game for the project, i'll go ahead and touch up the MIDI files.

https://dl.dropbox.com/s/yhcqnawqrqnpf41/You%20Are%20Not%20%28What%20You%20Think%20You%20Are%29%20%28Revise%29.mp3?dl=0

https://dl.dropbox.com/s/dap64ar0aav7vtk/Petriform%20-%20Excellent%21%21%20%28Viscra%20Cover%29.mp3?dl=0

https://dl.dropbox.com/s/9kd1ks89ql5jwtd/Choo-Choo%20Train%20Render.mp3?dl=0

Sorry for such a late reply, twas busy. :P
But the first one "You are not": I like this one!
Petriform: Love it! That would fit perfectly, I think you sent that one a little while back too?
Choo-Choo Train: I like it, but not as much as the other two :o But again, it's up to the other people as well for the music, not just me, but I enjoy them!

durian said:

Just popping in with yet another name suggestion:

Whispers Of Santa

Whiskers of Santa

I don't see any progress in this thread.

One map and some MIDIs is all this has so far.
Good job on these MIDIs, huntress.

joe-ilya said:

I don't see any progress in this thread.

One map and some MIDIs is all this has so far.
Good job on these MIDIs, huntress.

That's because Obake is working on the textures at the moment. :)
The maps are coming later.

Omegalore said:

I'm in a WIP on making Fatso into a Evil Santa. Adding hat. Only thing left to do.

You're doing DECORATE objects?
Are you doing textures as well or no?
But i'll add you to contributors real quick. :)

Clusterone666 said:

You're doing DECORATE objects?
Are you doing textures as well or no?
But i'll add you to contributors real quick. :)

Well, just a sprite remodel. The only DECORATE thing he will have is his fireballs. It does ice damage.

Omegalore said:

Well, just a sprite remodel. The only DECORATE thing he will have is his fireballs. It does ice damage.

So what under contributions should I put you under?

Clusterone666 said:

So what under contributions should I put you under?

Sorry for late reply. I was too focused on the Mancubus sprite and Xmas wad I was enhancing. Finally got him done. Took me a day and a half to make.

TBH, I don't really know.

Anyway, here's the sprite. Best I can do. Editors used, GMImageEditor and SLADE 3 for coat of red. There is still some brown in his coat just a fair warning.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/iopwq5xxvdra0x6/Mancubus%20Claus.wad?dl=0