Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Proktor87

Ghosts of Pingfang promo gameplay video FT. new Slipknot music

I'm interested in your mod, but would you mind posting some more info? Is this going to include new maps, or just new weapons/sprites? What port is it for?

Also I haven't heard tonkpils in ages!

That is music from Slipknot's new album out on OCT. 21. Two songs were used for the footage. (AOV, Custer). Fucking amazing album.
This is an upgrade to my original Maruta 731 mod... which was all in black and white and was a little bland.
This new version replaces old textures and things with color, adds in an original story, and you fight spirits of soldiers, victims and scientists. The old maps are expanded and redone from the original Maruta 731. Some of the weapons are from the Doom 2.5 mod, which I gave credit to the author, a lot of sounds from Doom 3 and I added reload animations of my own. Most of the sprites are redone.

Features:

Reloading
Bullet and shell casing
Blood splatters (wall, floor, ceiling)
Upgrades
8 standard weapons
Player Suicides
5 enemies, 1 boss
5 large maps
Collectible real photos

Made for single player on Zdoom

Thanks for the reply man, a lot of interesting ideas there. As soon as it's done I'll definitely give it a play through.

I've played your maruta 731 mod and i liked it, althrough i can't see your video because it says it has content from WMG, so could reupload this video to a different site?

Some places can't play the video because of the soundtracks I used in the trailer despite me giving credit and not claiming ownership. No problem I will work on uploading it elsewhere and post the link.

Guest DILDOMASTER666

That music is really bad and is illegal to redistribute in your mod FYI

Not if he can convince the owners of fair use. It's fine to use copyright material if they let you, or if you obtain permission or have enough grounds for fair use.

It seems when it comes to YouTube, they seem fine with you using their content, they just want to put ads all over it to rake in money for any potential lost sales. Sometimes they will send out a takedown though, it is indeed best to avoid using such content...even if you have direct permission as unscrupulous companies with nothing to do with the content will still try to claim on it.

Best way to go is use creative commons music...fake claims will still be made on it, but at least you have all evidence needed to combat that. I've had many companies claim on my use of Kevin MacLeods music...despite having the download link, copy of the licence from the site and the song's ISRC number...but they eventually back off.

Fisk I am not using the music in my mod. Just using it for the trailer. And no the music is not bad IMO that's just your taste.

J.B.R said:

Thanks for uploading the trailer to mediafire, the mod looks promising, i will get it when comes out and i will report bugs if i see any.

No problem dude. Glad it interests you. Will let you know when it's complete and uploaded...

Xegethra said:

Not if he can convince the owners of fair use. It's fine to use copyright material if they let you, or if you obtain permission or have enough grounds for fair use.

It seems when it comes to YouTube, they seem fine with you using their content, they just want to put ads all over it to rake in money for any potential lost sales. Sometimes they will send out a takedown though, it is indeed best to avoid using such content...even if you have direct permission as unscrupulous companies with nothing to do with the content will still try to claim on it.

Best way to go is use creative commons music...fake claims will still be made on it, but at least you have all evidence needed to combat that. I've had many companies claim on my use of Kevin MacLeods music...despite having the download link, copy of the licence from the site and the song's ISRC number...but they eventually back off.

Yeah youtube sucks. I create my own music, so that will be used for the mod as it was originally for Maruta 731. No hassle

Unit 731 is an interesting subject, though I don't know how well it can be explored through a Doom wad. Wouldn't be surprised if someone gets all worked up about a game being made about such an atrocity.

Fisk said:

That music is really bad

Agreed. It's the real war crime.

Toxie Rocks said:

Unit 731 is an interesting subject, though I don't know how well it can be explored through a Doom wad. Wouldn't be surprised if someone gets all worked up about a game being made about such an atrocity.

Agreed. It's the real war crime.

This is a slightly futuristic horror take on it and not so realistic. Making it actually fun. However having traces of what I've researched and seen in films about it. I don't know if your comment is trying to say that I'm making a mod for sickos or what. Or if you're saying someone's going to get pissed off that I'm making a mod inspired by the atrocity. I mean no disrespect to anyone by making this mod... I am just fascinated by WW2-period stories and read up on them.

lol...Fair enough. You don't like the music choice. If you want a copy of the video with just my instrumental industrial music or even no music at all I can do that for you....

Proktor87 said:

This is a slightly futuristic horror take on it and not so realistic. Making it actually fun. However having traces of what I've researched and seen in films about it. I don't know if your comment is trying to say that I'm making a mod for sickos or what. Or if you're saying someone's going to get pissed off that I'm making a mod inspired by the atrocity. I mean no disrespect to anyone by making this mod... I am just fascinated by WW2-period stories and read up on them.

Oh no, I'm not offended at all. I just suspect that it's likely someone will be. Probably will check out the map sometime. I'm also interested in WWII (and war in general).

Toxie Rocks said:

Oh no, I'm not offended at all. I just suspect that it's likely someone will be. Probably will check out the map sometime. I'm also interested in WWII (and war in general).

I see exactly what you're saying. I run that risk, but I'm prepared for it if that happens.