Find results in...
Superluigieth1

Unreal Tournament in DooM.

Would you agree?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Would you agree?

• Yea!
    • Oh HELL no!

OK People, I have thought of something like Unreal Tournament. Before you say that I am doing a UDooM thing, but sadly not. I was thinking the PRINCIPLE of UT 99 in Doom.

Any thoughts?

Superluigieth1 said:

no,

- The Campaign
- Different Modes
- ACTUAL MULTIPLAYER
- Trophies

all that stuff...

'
It could be awesome if done right! I'm for it!

I'm pretty sure all the gamemodes from unreal tournament are already supported in zandronum. The "campaign" is just playing through the maps with bots anyhow, so it's all already there.

You can thereotically do it in Zandronum. Make all the weapons in Decorate and make the maps with 3d floors and such. You can even modify the movement system with scripts. But it'll take a lot of work.

Yeah, you guys should check out Hunter's Moon for GZDoom. You can make it look sexy as hell considering whats under the hood.

I have a couple of questions graphics-wise. Are there gonna be new sprites drawn or are you going the DoomWadStation route of taking a bunch of screenshots of the polygons, attaching them to actors and having them look rather shitty? Would it be possible to use the actual models if they were converted to a format supported by Doom?

Doomkid said:

Yeah, you guys should check out Hunter's Moon for GZDoom. You can make it look sexy as hell considering whats under the hood.

This. Hunter's Moon is awesome.

Linkrulezall said:

Would it be possible to use the actual models if they were converted to a format supported by Doom?

GZDoom/Zandronum support the MD2 format, so in theory yes. As long as you found a converter (I believe there is one for Blender?). You would need to recreate the animations if I'm not mistaken.