Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
snapshot

The Upcoming "DOOM" title Thoughts,leaks and expectations ... etc

Development of DOOM 4 began back in 2008 but for some reason ID Software decided to restart working on the game, Today it's simply called "DOOM", However people still like to call it "DOOM 4" , So this is Just a simple question to know :

* What are you guys expecting from "DOOM" ?
* What do you want "DOOM" to have ?
* Knew some stuff about "DOOM" ?
* Found some interesting contents That were never seen before? Share it with us

Whatever you want to say, just let it go .

I don't think I'd want too many big guns, that was one of the problems I found with Wolfenstein 2009 besides the fact there was no chaingun.

Nothing especially awesome after both Johns having left id.

From the few sporadic and deliberately cryptic reports, to me Doom 4 sounds like it will be a kind of "better Doom 3". Which begs the question, if Doom 3 wasn't considered faithful to the original, why would something that essentially reboots/enhances the Doom 3 concept be any different?

Guest Unregistered account
Doomkid said:

I hope the deathmatch is really good.

Seconded! I also hope they include all the old weapons, and maybe the Unmaker; and that they don't "modernize" the weapons (make them all look like big, grey bulks).

[EDIT]: Lol, just noticed that all most of the posts here are one sentence. It's not a bad thread idea! But it's technically already been answered several times over in the other Doom 4 threads.

Alright, more than a sentence:

I believe Doom 4 (DOOM) will have a very solid SP experience (Like many of id's releases) which will keep me engaged for a while.

I do however believe that the multiplayer will blow, all of id's recent titles (from Doom 3 onwards) have had really poor multiplayer (in my honest opinion, that is the trend id seems to have right now) that feels empty, worthless and absolutely sub-par.

I want this one to not suck in the multiplayer department but id's current track record is not filling my heart with hope.

Maes said:

From the few sporadic and deliberately cryptic reports, to me Doom 4 sounds like it will be a kind of "better Doom 3". Which begs the question, if Doom 3 wasn't considered faithful to the original, why would something that essentially reboots/enhances the Doom 3 concept be any different?

Doom 3 wanted to revisit the original in a new and fresh way. It didn't quite succeed. The demo is attempting to do the same, but not by improving on Doom 3; rather, it wants to bring the original into the 21st century with some of Doom 3's aesthetics. I think it's going to be a very good game.

DMGUYDZ64 said:

Wishing DOOM 4 to have some Puzzle Solving levels,and Great Bosses >:D

Ya I'd hate to beat the game in a few hours due to the game being straight forward and linear.

I do not expect to be disappointed. id games are not perfect, but I've had a lot of fun with both D3 and RAGE. I expect at least as much from DOOM(4)... and hope for a bit more. :)

Did the game feel at all like COD at any time? How truly different is it from the average shooter nowadays?

I Feel like i'm Playing Quake 4 whenever i play DOOM 3,i just wanna see something new that isn't in any other FPS game :O

DooM_RO said:

Did the game feel at all like COD at any time? How truly different is it from the average shooter nowadays?

I've only played COD a handful of times, but to me it felt nothing like that game. It felt the way Doom should: It was dark, moody, violent, action-packed and the maps made you want to explore them thoroughly. It was very old school. I don't know what the average shooter is like these days, but the Doom reveal did not feel like it wanted to be like contemporary FPS.

Is it really possible for modding to be "user friendly" in an age where all sorts of complex shaders, physics simulations and and high-poly meshes are the norm?

GoatLord said:

Is it really possible for modding to be "user friendly" in an age where all sorts of complex shaders, physics simulations and and high-poly meshes are the norm?

I feel like it's still possible, it could be set up like Doom Builder and it could have a layer system like Photoshop for second floors and stuff... idk though I just think modding needs to be accessible

GoatLord said:

If it's modular like Skyrim? Yes. Mapping for Skyrim is almost as easy as mapping for Doom.

Pink ponies, Liberal ideologies, Good Guy Iraqis, and Political commentary starring a political character voiced by someone famous who acts like Obama and is treated as the neccesary evil yet still a hero.

And some nice flowers on the side.

i am expecting doom 4 to be a game which needs a powerfull computer way beyond
what i might have in the years to come.

FireFish said:

i am expecting doom 4 to be a game which needs a powerfull computer way beyond
what i might have in the years to come.

It's also coming out on consoles. I'm pretty sure it's for PS4 and XBOX One, so if you have those, you can play it.

Feels like DOOM 4 shouldn't be a modifiable game,and shouldn't have a multiplayer mode,imagine that >:D