Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
rabidrage

Transferring 3D models

I've finally gotten some decent editors onto my computer and have decided to learn to make my own levels. Between Doom Builder and Slade I've been having a great time--I've put in the Doom 64 monsters and the Playstation Nightmare Spectre, some textures from various other wads...it's fun. And of course if I want to publish it I'll get all the required permissions and give credit to the people whose content I've used. In the meantime...

I've found a pretty good pack of 3D models and would really love to be able to replace the Wolfenstein SS guy, because he doesn't mix with the other monsters. How do I move the model out of GZ-Models-r16 and into my wad? When I try, he's invisible! What's going on?

I hope you all are merciful and help me out. This wad could be pretty epic if I spend enough time on it. Like--a year. :P

That first link goes a bit over my head, at least for the time being. I suppose I should be more specific as to what I've done:

I've copied the SS models and modeldefs into my wad, by copy-pasting them from the model pack PK3. As far as I can tell, it's not telling me anything is "not found". I fixed other errors that cropped up, like "path" not recognized, etc. No luck, though, they're still invisible.

If I load the PK3 and the wad into ZDoom together, it works exactly the way I want it to, but I'd love to be able to put everything into one file and have complete control.

Nice! That seems to have fixed my problem with the Unmaker laser as well. I copied that model into your PK3 example, and voila! Now the question is how to copy my map into the PK3 so that it actually works. There's a ton of custom stuff in there, not just the map itself...or if I ever distribute it I could just distribute it as two files, one WAD and one PK3...