Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Linguica

The E3 Cometh

As part of their E3 coverage, Gamespy has put up a Doom 3 page which includes a handful of screenshots of id Software's half-constructed booth, as well as a short Q&A session with id biz guy Marty Stratton on what we can expect to see at E3:

The game looks so amazing that one obstacle we face is making sure people know that what they see is NOT pre-rendered. Everything we are showing is running in real-time in the game engine -- there aren't any special tricks or CG cut-scenes -- this is how the game looks. You won't believe it until you see it -- and even then you still may not believe it.

Well, tomorrow at 10 AM I'm going to be sprinting over to the Activision section to get an eyeful, and hopefully I can collar some id guys and ask a few questions while I'm at it.

PLEASE, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, TAKE A DIGITAL CAM WITH YOU AND SEND US BACK SOME SHOTS!!!!!

;)

Have fun at E3, have a good time, hope you get to talk to a bunch of ID guys and get us some 1337 info, and maybe while you are there you can nail one of the hot models that game companies hire!

Mmmm, the booth looks sweet, hopefully the game looks as good. Hey if you want to piss them off, when you get to talk to the id guys just keep going "so obviously the pre-rendered scenes look good, but what about the real gameplay? Are you afraid to show it?" Then refuse to be corrected. Repeat until their heads explode.

Woah!

Indeed the booth does look really good! It's hard to believe that's in real time and not pre-rendered!

Jonathan said:

Mmmm, the booth looks sweet, hopefully the game looks as good. Hey if you want to piss them off, when you get to talk to the id guys just keep going "so obviously the pre-rendered scenes look good, but what about the real gameplay? Are you afraid to show it?" Then refuse to be corrected. Repeat until their heads explode.

You must really hate the id guys.
Did they release a game that ruined your comp or something?

dsm said:

Dude did you just question the wisdom of Jonathan Rimmer?

REPENT

dsm said:

John Carmack ate my hamster, then he stole my wife and punched me in the face. Then he got me fired. From a cannon. Into space.

Fredrik said:

Dude did you just question the wisdom of Jonathan Rimmer?

REPENT

Why should I repent? He's just another guy I don't know in person.

dsm said:

He's just another guy I don't know in person.

WTF?

You don't know the Mighty Jonathan Rimmer?

...he who is the powerful Destruct?

...he who is the smartest and wittiest of men?

...he who is one of the most skilled Doom players in the world, holding several speedrunning world records?

...he who makes kick-ass textures?

...he who makes unbelievably saucy levels?

...he who Is God!

You, dsm, clearly are a newbie for not knowing who Jonathan Rimmer is!

You, dsm, clearly are a newbie for not knowing who Jonathan Rimmer is!

I know that he's a longtime member of DW, but I don't really pay attention to these people outside of the forums - I've never MET the damn guy, so why the fuck should I repent!!!
Don't make me come over to Sweden to make YOU repent that you called me a newb ;-)

So let's look at... John Carmack. Have you met him? No. Do you know exactly who he is and how great he is? Yeah.

Think of it the same way with Jonathan Rimmer.

Well, good good, now I know.
But it STILL doesn't stop me from having a hard time taking him serious when he comes up with such "wisdom".

The wisdom is infinite, you just don't know how to interpret it because you're inferior to his intelligence.

dsm said:

Well, good good, now I know.
But it STILL doesn't stop me from having a hard time taking him serious when he comes up with such "wisdom".

Don't worry dsm, its just my crazy British sense of humour. Just ignore my attention seeking ways.

Nah, I should rather learn to appreciate that type of humour instead of dragging it out further.
:-)