Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TNT 2: Devilution - Looking for a replacement TITLEPIC artist!

TNT 2: Devilution is a vanilla-intended sequel to TNT Evilution, originally started by Whoo back in 2009, it's still going and it's definitely coming to you at some point.

We are looking for a new TITLEPIC artist because we feel the existing one doesn't do the wad justice.

-------------------------------------

SCREENS:

MAPS (Updated as of 16/02/17):

MAP01: Obituary - Mouldy - Done
MAP02: Grime and Punishment - The Mionic Donut - Done
MAP03: Brimstone Labs - Alter / Alfonzo - Done
MAP04: Subterraneal Magnitude - darkreaver / Adrian Hanekom - Being tweaked
MAP05: Littoral - Processingcontrol - Done
MAP06: Aquarium - Processingcontrol - Done
MAP07: Campground - valkiriforce - Done
MAP08: Hydrogenics - Tango - Done
MAP09: Heterodoxical Hindrance - Tarnsman - Done
MAP10: No One Drinks For Free - Breezeep - WIP
MAP11: The Voyager - valkiriforce / Kyka - Done
MAP12: Ion Flux - Xaser / Alfonzo - Done
MAP13: Draco Bastion - Marcaek - WIP
MAP14: Nostalgia Drive - Xaser & Alter - Done
MAP15: Altered State - Alter - Done
MAP16: Techmine Superior - Pinchy - Done
MAP17: Galapagos - valkiriforce / Alter - Done
MAP18: Forsaken Harbor - gaspe - Done
MAP19: Habitat 2 - Tarnsman - Done
MAP20: The Infernal Carrier - lupinx-Kassman / Alter / Xaser - WIP
MAP21: Star Bridge - SFoZ911 - Being overhauled by SFOZ
MAP22: Solitude - Pottus / Xaser - Done
MAP23: Tides of Fire - Alfonzo - WIP
MAP24: Pulverizer - TheMionicDonut / Alfonzo - Being tweaked by Alfonzo
MAP25: Hard Wired - AD_79 / Marcaek - Done
MAP26: Kuiper Cliff - Marcaek - WIP
MAP27: Tripping the Rift - an_mutt - WIP
MAP28: Lethe's Falls - gaspe - WIP
MAP29: Nexus of the Defeated - Tarnsman - Done
MAP30: The New Technology - Kassman - WIP
MAP31: Caesar - Xaser / Whoo / Alfonzo - Being Tweaked
MAP32: Steel Mill - Joshy - WIP

* - Inactive/No Recent Updates

Project Leaders:
Marcaek (Mapper)
Alter (Mapper)

Stuff for the project:

Contact Alterworldruler
Contact Marcaek
Choco Render Limits
DOWNLOAD DEMO 1
DOWNLOAD DEMO 2

IRC:

#tnt2 on irc.oftc.net [/B]

Now as a seperate post, to not talk empty words, here's some screenshots from a new map i've been working on (Path of the Sacrifice, map29 at the moment)

There's been some other neat stuff going on, you will see sometime later :)

Good luck with the rest of the project!

There isn't a whole let left to do other than the few maps left, but getting that done is still something that requires someone that is able to stay more active than me. Looking forward to checking out the release when I catch a decent enough break!

joe-ilya said:

Looks great apart from the flatness on the final screen.

I've removed some of the flatness by adding two "rock" steps, but you know what's the problem? This section already has like 245 segs from the worst viewpoint possible, literally putting any detail will destroy it :P I could scale it down a bit but it may get in the way of gameplay. But thanks :)

LingtheDoomGuy said:

does this mean the previous project went to waste?

Of course not. It's still the same project, I just took the leader position and made a new topic, the project's being continued as it was before, just now, with a clear direction and with pacing. It's being now constantly pushed closer to the next milestone WHICH is finishing all the maps. We've got things planned out on a person by person basis with general goals.

You definitely held the team together whoo. You did everything you can for the project while you could. Sorry to hear things are stealing your time like this. :(

alterworldruler said:

I've removed some of the flatness by adding two "rock" steps, but you know what's the problem? This section already has like 245 segs from the worst viewpoint possible, literally putting any detail will destroy it :P I could scale it down a bit but it may get in the way of gameplay. But thanks :)

It might be possible to redesign some of the existing detailing to be less seg-heavy without looking worse. The trim layers on the building could potentially be restructured to use fewer lines.

Wow, so TNT2 is going to be under new management. Whoo at least had a good run managing and getting the ball rolling for a TNT sequel. Plutonia may have been more popular and had more sequels and mods imitating its gameplay style, but surely this half of Final Doom deserves as much attention. This will definitely be something to look forward to, and when its finally out, its a worthy candidate for a Mordeth Cacoward. Good luck, guys!

Two things, the process of inspecting the submissions that were finished a while ago during the time where nothing was really happening, has begun.

And SFoZ911's map landed in map21 slot because it's THAT good and it fits in with the theme. Of course, I contacted SFoZ about the map, he asked if we will use it, I said yes. The team agrees that his map fits in perfectly after the colossus that is 20, and theme-wise.

The second thing, that means we are left with map26 slot at this point only empty, as all other slots are taken and only few are still under works before we go to the next phase. And we are looking at all other submissions to see if one fits in the slot.

To end his positive post with a positive ending, here have an another shot from map29.

joe-ilya said:

Incase you've missed my map, have this : http://www.mediafire.com/download/nev2dfb7c9ib47j/4fort.wad

Ok, Joe, are you being serious here, or did you submit this as a joke? Have you seen the quality of the other TNT2 maps? I very seriously doubt that this will make it in. PLEASE stop joining every community project, you're not giving yourself any time to make something excellent. Please slow yourself down and make a really high quality map.

hawkwind said:

Good to hear this is still in the pipeline.

Really?

Good luck with it all!

lmao joe-ilya for president!

Maps created: >9000
Fucks given: 0

I am pretty sure I will remove my map (MAP16) out of this megawad and release it as a stand alone map as I feel no progress may be made for quite some time.

pcorf said:

I am pretty sure I will remove my map (MAP16) out of this megawad and release it as a stand alone map as I feel no progress may be made for quite some time.

Why don't you release it as standalone and then, based on the feedback, release an extended version for the megawad!

VGA said:

Why don't you release it as standalone and then, based on the feedback, release an extended version for the megawad!

Sorry but no, if pcorf wants to remove his map, he should just ask to remove it, but that also means that the map won't be able to return to TNT2 right now (I don't think pcorf has time to motivation to make his map much better nowadays) because we no longer accept submissions and the maplist internally is going through some interesting changes.

Speaking of submissions, we've looked at them in general, SFoZ911's was the best one that's why it got in, sincity2100's maps were okay, as for joe-ilya's map...

I'll sum it up with this video:

alterworldruler said:

Sorry but no, if pcorf wants to remove his map, he should just ask to remove it, but that also means that the map won't be able to return to TNT2 right now (I don't think pcorf has time to motivation to make his map much better nowadays) because we no longer accept submissions and the maplist internally is going through some interesting changes.

Speaking of submissions, we've looked at them in general, SFoZ911's was the best one that's why it got in, sincity2100's maps were okay, as for joe-ilya's map...

I'll sum it up with this video:

Anyway you can keep my map in there then, was a little frustrated so sorry for been a tool. Looking forward to playing the final release. I'll take another look at the map and see how I can improve it. Maybe remove all items from in front of the switches, it was a bad habit of mine back then. As for architecture I see nothing wrong but when it comes to looks, of course that is my strength. Gameplay, not so since I am not the most skilled player in the world. But TNT is supposed to be scrappy anyway.

Edit: Here is an updated version of my map.

- Potential Visplane Overflow problem fixed by reducing some detail in the silver room not long after the starting area, especially where the bridge raises towards the teleport. Blue Armor now moved away from in front of the switch and onto the platform where the Cacos and Elemental emerge.
- All items in front of switches removed, repositioned.
- A few other minor cosmetic changes.
- Fixed an unmarked secret.
- Better hint to the exit.

paulcorfiatis.com/tnt2_16.wad

Hey,I was just wondering what can I do to make my maps look better?just give me some critique about the maps I submitted to make it better.

sincity2100 said:

Hey,I was just wondering what can I do to make my maps look better?just give me some critique about the maps I submitted to make it better.

Don't worry about that for now, currently we are going through a serious reorganisation of things especially when it comes to the map slots, details will follow sometime later on what is exactly going on, as we are still discussing and doing things.

sincity2100 said:

I haven't gone through the maps you've submitted but generally think about how your mixing textures and the architectural complexity of your map. Ask yourself "is this room a box" when looking at general area construction and create visuals by creating interesting shapes and architectural combinations and less rectangles with stuff in the middle.

joe-ilya said:

Revised my map, it's an old one, from the bad days of mapping so it looked like shit, made it look less wierd and frenzy shaped.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/nev2dfb7c9ib47j/4fort.wad

Still needs a lot of work about revising this map,also the music doesn't fit Doom entirely,get rid of it please.

Don't you watch some of the maps in CC3 or CC4 or Alien Vendetta,how their maps are structured,your map is incredibly messy,the texture usage is out of place,and it's a big mess.

So I did all of the skies, a lot of work on the textures and flats, and massive work on at least half a dozen maps and I don't even rate a mention as a past developer? wtf?

Seriously though, Alter, I wish you all the best with this project. You have some quality people helping and I actually think you are the right dude to see this thing through. So get it done already. :)